Speed/Battery Life with CM?

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have had my DInc since launch and I think it's about time to root this thing. I've been following the forums for a long time and it seems like Cyanogen Mod is the best or the most popular ROM out there? I'm curious if battery life is better with any of these custom ROM's and how is the speed? I understand that the latest version of CM has ADW baked into it, so I would think that would slow it down a bit? Just looking for some feedback. Thanks.

flyboy54

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've have my DInc from the beginning also. I've had my DInc rooted with Cyanogen mod stable 6.1 for a couple weeks now and the difference between it and the stock HTC is night and day. ADW is definitely baked in and acts completely like it's part of the main OS; not slowing it down at all. There are settings for almost every little thing imaginable; mobile hotspot is built in(using this instead of PDAnet I keep my phone plugged into a wall outlet which charges the phone twice as fast from the usb). And with it rooted, get AdFree which eliminates Ads on the phone and quite a few on your computer if you use the Mobile Hotspot for your Internet connection. The battery life is a lot better than the stock HTC and the speed is amazing(So much better than using lockscreen editors & home replacements that eat away at the battery). I used this guide to help me root using unrevoked3 to root & ROM Manger to install Cyanogen Mod. Good luck and happy rooting! I included some pics showing my homescreens & lockscreen using Shootme(a screen grabber that a rooted phone can use)

Reactions: MHBlink8

flyboy54

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
and make sure to backup your contacts using google or exporting them to your computer bc verizon backup is not installed and can't be installed on cyanogen mod