Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 103 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by ssethv View Post
    Mine is at 67% right now... Honestly, seeing as how you have come to the right place and tried alot of different methods, I think it is your actual background... is it very colorful? the darker colors, the better off battery will be.
    I'm using the default nexus live wallpaper that came installed with the ROM. Interestingly enough live wallpaper is only using 2% of my battery so I didn't think to change it, but maybe that really is the problem. I'll pick another wallpaper and see if that helps.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Wizard Matoya View Post
    I've tried all of that to no avail. I don't know if it's the ROM or what's going on but the display is eating my battery alive (it's at 77% right now) and nothing I did seems to have any effect. As great as CM7 is if I can't improve my battery life I'l have to switch to another ROM because this is just absurd. I've been charging my battery pretty much all day and It's now only ad 76%.
    What were the top apps in Spare Parts?
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    What were the top apps in Spare Parts?
    According to spare parts it's ADV Launcher. Maybe thats where the problem is?
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

I'm using the default nexus live wallpaper that came installed with the ROM. Interestingly enough live wallpaper is only using 2% of my battery so I didn't think to change it, but maybe that really is the problem. I'll pick another wallpaper and see if that helps.
    in my past experience... Live wallpapers will destroy battery! also did you check out pg 13 of this thread... let me know if any of this helps good luck

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by md17 View Post
    How exactly do I overclock and what exactly does it mean also is there anyway to revert back from flashing a kernel or should I just make a nandroid
    Ok so I downloaded incredikernal. What exactly does smartass do and mean... and what are the downsides of setting the kernal at minimum ...will this help me watch TV episodes online better

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Also anything I can do to prevent overheating or damage and how do I test if my phone is running better beside noticing ...thanks for all the support

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

And on top of my battery problem I just checked into My Verizon again and even though I have CM7 set to never turn off wifi and I Completely disabled mobile networks it somehow still managed to use more of my monthly 3g allowance. Time to unroot and go back to stock, unfortunately.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

One more thing lol...anyway to watch southland from tnt.TV. I am getting laggy full episodes. I have been trying to do this with a phone for years...all I want it tnt to work

And on top of my battery problem I just checked into My Verizon again and even though I have CM7 set to never turn off wifi and I Completely disabled mobile networks it somehow still managed to use more of my monthly 3g allowance. Time to unroot and go back to stock, unfortunately.
    That's odd because you can't use my Verizon over Wi-Fi.

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by TreyDaPrince View Post
    That's odd because you can't use my Verizon over Wi-Fi.
    I didn't use the app, for some reason the app has never worked for me wifi or no. Instead I just used the my Verizon web site.
    Last edited by Dark Wizard Matoya; 03-02-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

What exactly does smartass do and mean... [EDIT] ...will this help me watch TV episodes online better
    No but it will make the laugh track more sarcastic.

Sorry, I could not help myself. It's been that kind of day.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    No but it will make the laugh track more sarcastic.

Sorry, I could not help myself. It's been that kind of day.
    Yes... great reading for a long day at work.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

you guys are funny...lol...can overclocking hurt the phone because I only had it overclocked for maybe five minutes but I am getting horrible screen response even after a nandroid restore
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

you guys are funny...lol...can overclocking hurt the phone because I only had it overclocked for maybe five minutes but I am getting horrible screen response even after a nandroid restore
    YES... it can, and actually if you keep doing it prolly will... be careful. The CPU is not really meant to take alot of abuse for a long period of time.

Can I ask why you are trying to overclock... are you a gamer on your phone?
    also, I watch tv (kind of) all the time on my phone, and I have it underclocked... I think it has to do with your 3g or wi-fi signal.
    Last edited by ssethv; 03-02-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: needed to... uh... edit!

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

YES... it can, and actually if you keep doing it prolly will... be careful. The CPU is not really meant to take alot of abuse for a long period of time.

Can I ask why you are trying to overclock... are you a gamer on your phone?
    also, I watch tv (kind of) all the time on my phone, and I have it underclocked... I think it has to do with your 3g or wi-fi signal.
    I was trying to watch tnt.tv...i restored to stock cm7 kernal. How do you watch tv on your phone?
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Another Nightly out today, anyone noticed any differences? will any new nightlies after #8 even make a difference to the Incredible?

Global Posts
    7,631 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Im still on #11 .I didnt see anything different on #12( so havent flashed that one ) but its possible I missed it

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Man, that sucks. I can understand it want to stick with stock, but another option could be to try cyanogenmod 6.1 . As a released version, it may be a better fit with your less common usage since they've had more time to iron out the kinks with wifi and such.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Post nightly #11

I haven't noticed any major differences between #6 and #11... I Have noticed a difference in my overall phone performance!!! Since Flashing, I have not had any more freeze ups and lag. also, sometimes running at stock ROM, my phone would act like someone was pressing the screen (highlighting), that has stopped. I am overall happy with this Frankenstein version of gingerbread great work CM!!!

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Another Nightly out today, anyone noticed any differences? will any new nightlies after #8 even make a difference to the Incredible?
    #12 has some kernel changes and some Icon updates.

There will be more updates and changes that will be relevant to us. When they will come and what exactly they will be is a mystry. But, that in and of itself is part of the thrill of nightlies. Every day is like Christmas Eve!
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

@ the stig - which kernel is packaged with 12?

i just flashed to 11 this morning. so far so good but i haven't done much today.
    probably go to 12 tonite.

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by rpz3.14 View Post
    Man, that sucks. I can understand it want to stick with stock, but another option could be to try cyanogenmod 6.1 . As a released version, it may be a better fit with your less common usage since they've had more time to iron out the kinks with wifi and such.
    When my current usage cycle ends and my 3g limit resets I might just do that. I was originally going to use 6.1 because it's the "stable" ROM, but I ended up going with 7. Can anyone tell me how well wifi works with 6.1? What is this I've read about needing to update your radio to use 6.1? And does 6.1 have any other bugs or issues I should know about beforehand?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #323  

ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post

i just flashed to 11 this morning. so far so good but i haven't done much today.
    There is a new kernel with build 12. Mostly just updated modules to work with 2.3.3.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #324  

ROM
    AOKP

I added a little information on the smartass governor to the OP, as I've noticed it creating quite a bit of confusion lately. I would also like to remind everyone to please read the OP all the way through before asking questions. Thanks to everyone who has made this thread so awesome! We have more then 300 posts and 8,000 views on this thread! Let's see if we can't make the front page

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post

Quote Originally Posted by crondable View Post
    There is a new kernel with build 12. Mostly just updated modules to work with 2.3.3.
    It's still slayher's 2.6.37.1 kernel, just some changes to either enhance imporvement or to conform to 2.3.3 standards. There was not a lot of detail in the Submit ticket. I've been using it since he folded it into the build pre RC1. It works verry well.
Page 13 of 103 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast