[PSA] Clockwork 3.0.0.5 NANDroids

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick heads up to everyone.

Some folks over on XDA are reporting that Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 is having problems making NANDroid backups and/or restoring NANDroids properly.

I ran a test on my DInc and was able to successfully create and restore several NANDroid backups. NOTE: All of my NANDroids were made and restored within Clockwork, not within ROM Manager.

You may want to run a test and make sure your NANDroids are good.

Some folks reported problems with MD5 checks and others with the restore failing mid way.

Better to test now then to have a problem later!

UPDATE: With the 3.0.0.8 CWM these problems have been addressed.

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is at all device specific, but occasionally I will get a bad checksum when trying to restore using 3.0.0.5 - which is why I always keep a minimum of 2 backups just in case. Not too big a deal.

Sent by a little green robot

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I agree - this is not an emergency thing - just better to test and be prepared then to assume it's working and not have it when you really need it.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It appears that the fix - if you are having problems with CWR 3.0.0.5, is to go into ROM Manager, select settings and check Erase Recovery. This will reinstall CWR and many have reported that this has fixed their problems.

If you are having problems with 3.0.0.5 I hope this helps!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I updated to the Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 and tested ,by backing up and restoring older backups no problems with either.Worked .Glad it did or I wulda been unhappy tho ha :p

aaanadie

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is at all device specific, but occasionally I will get a bad checksum when trying to restore using 3.0.0.5 - which is why I always keep a minimum of 2 backups just in case. Not too big a deal.

Sent by a little green robot

I am using 3.0.0.5 on HTC Evo 4G, I flash a lot switching CM7 nightly, MIUI, MikFroyo, etc, no problems. Maybe it is your sdcard.