Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM 7 RC2

Default Droid Incredible keeps rebooting

Evening guys,

My problem is my droid incredible keeps rebooting in an endless loop. I hear the "droid" audio file then the animation, then the droid eye to indicate its loading, then it repeats.

I had been running the pre-release OTA of 2.2 I got last year and its been buggy so I decided to use rom manager to switch over to cyanogen 6.1 only to find that none of the apps(market, internet, phone, contact list, etc) worked. I tried rebooting and nothing changed. My recourse was to reinstall the backup I had made of my earlier 2.2 rom, which has led us to the problem we're at now. I can't get my phone to start and I'm really interested in just unrooting the phone at this point.

What can I do guys?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Here is a link to the factory RUU to re-install Stock Froyo.

Inc. Stock Images | doug piston

The Google Apps (market, etc) have to be flashed separately. There are legal reasons they can not include them in the base ROM. Once you flash CM6 you should flash the Google Apps package (GAPPS) and then you should be good to go.

Before doing anything though - Boot into Recovery and re-flash CM6 after doing a full reset of the phone within Clockwork. The install package should be on your SD card under Clockwork/downloads/mirror.teamdouche.com/get/inc/???.zip

That should get you re-booted again and then you can load GAPPS.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Good catch - Didn't think about Clockwork being the new version.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    CM 7 RC2

I reinstalled cm 6.1 and ran it but its doing the exact same thing now. An endless loop of the boot animation, never getting to the homescreen.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Try Upstreammiami's suggestion of downgrading your Clockwork Recovery to 2.5.x and re-flash again.

Here's a link:

http://dougpiston.com/?page_id=85

Put this on the root of your SD Card and flash from HBOOT. Then re-flash cm6.1
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    CM 7 RC2

alright, school me on this one. I'm not versed in how to downgrade clockwork inside of clockwork. I'm also not sure the file i downloaded is right.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

OK - Download the Clockwork 2.5.1.2 file to your PC - and rename it PB31IMG.zip. Be sure that under File Options, in Control Panel, you uncheck the Hide Known File Extensions option under the View Options Tab. Otherwise you might name it PM31IMG.zip.zip and it won't work.

Copy the file to the root of the SD card. (Straight on the card not in any folders)

Start the phone by holding the down volume key and the power button.

It should flash the recovery.

Reboot into the new recovery and re-flash CM 6.1

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    OK - Download the Clockwork 2.5.1.2 file to your PC - and rename it PB31IMG.zip. Be sure that under File Options, in Control Panel, you uncheck the Hide Known File Extensions option under the View Options Tab. Otherwise you might name it PM31IMG.zip.zip and it won't work.

Copy the file to the root of the SD card. (Straight on the card not in any folders)

Start the phone by holding the down volume key and the power button.

It should flash the recovery.

Reboot into the new recovery and re-flash CM 6.1

did i remove my comment lol oops
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

its best if you remove any other PB31IMG.zip files, also if hboot says no image u have to format ur sdcard to fat32
    I'm the ROOT man

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    did i remove my comment lol oops
    LOL I didn't notice until after I posted. Then I was confused because I could have sworn you had linked to the file! So I added it. Thought I was losing my mind!

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

hahahah crazy
    I'm the ROOT man
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    CM 7 RC2

Pville, I was doing it that way the whole time, except I had my card formatted to FAT only. Once I switched it to FAT32 everything went smoothly. Kinda frustrating to do it right but get caught up on a small detail.

Appreciate the help from both of you guys.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

So the boot loop is done? That's good news - Happy Androiding!
    Thanked by:
    jovox 

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

piranha gun ooo yeaaa (despicable me ) lol
    I'm the ROOT man
    Thanked by:
    jovox 
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    CM 7 RC2

I'm gonna bump this thread to ask a question related. I'm thinking of flashing cm7 rc1 over cm6 to try it out and my Clockwork recovery is back to 3.0. Would I need to reflash it down to 2.5 before flashing the rom to avoid the previous issue or am I fine to go from here?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Yes. I don't believe 6.1 has updated the install scripts for CWM 3.x. So to reinstall 6.1 you would have to downgrade to 2.5. However, if you make a 3.x nandroid of 6.1 then you should be able to nandroid back with 3.x no problem.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    CM 7 RC2

I meant when flashing cm7. Would I need to revert to 2.5 for that to install without flaws?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Nope - 3.x works fine with CM7
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM
    CM 7 RC2

yay, I'm back but for a slightly different reason. Is there a definitive guide to doing backups so that I can carry over all of my data any time I flash a new rom?

I'm looking to backup contacts, sms, mms, call logs, and app data. I'd like to be able to just do a back up then run the file so its as if I never deleted any of it. Each time I've flashed a rom, I've lost something along the way, no matter how hard I've tried to avoid it.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

You can use Titanium to backup everything, system and apps/data but be very selective what you restore back. A lot of the system data should not be restored.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jovox View Post
    yay, I'm back but for a slightly different reason. Is there a definitive guide to doing backups so that I can carry over all of my data any time I flash a new rom?

I'm looking to backup contacts, sms, mms, call logs, and app data. I'd like to be able to just do a back up then run the file so its as if I never deleted any of it. Each time I've flashed a rom, I've lost something along the way, no matter how hard I've tried to avoid it.
    Thats the only real downside to flashing ROMs, the full data wipe involved in doing it. Pville's right, Titanium can save you alot of grief but I would reinstall app's only, no data unless you absolutly need it. Otherwise your just asking for problems and force closes.

I remember reading about an SMS/MMS backup app here on A/C a few days ago, possibly a week or more ago, about an app that would back up all your conversations and what not.

As far as contacts go, if you're logging in to your gmail account and you have your contacts stored there, they should just magically reappear when you log in to your account, yeaaaaaaahh the omnipotent Google!!!
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

I use sms backup +, and it works well. It backs up your call logs and sms mms to gmail. Think you could also back it up to sd card if you prefer.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

ROM
    CM 7 RC2

As an example. My save status/progress in angry birds or settings i've used in specific apps is mainly what I'm looking at. Not necessarily system files unless thats what those are. I'm just trying to avoid having to refind the apps and then having to remember how I had them setup. I dont flash often but I find it takes longer than it should to get back up and running because of stuff like that.

Not that saving my progess in angry birds is earth shattering if I lose it.

Will astro be able to save my apps and reload them(with settings) after a flash? I had forgot it even had a backup feature.

I'll look into titanium as well so long as the free version will handle all of that.

Thanks again guys. I wish I was versed enough to help as opposed to always asking for.

Angry Re: Droid Incredible keeps rebooting

I need big help with my Droid Incredible. My Droid keeps rebooting as described and my question is how can I get pictures off the phone. Only 1/2 of my pictures loaded on my SD card and I have very important photos on my phone I need to recover. I am begging anyone that could help me! Please.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: Droid Incredible keeps rebooting

Sarah - is your phone rebooting after flashing something or is rebooting at 2:00 am after taking the latest OTA update?

Reason I'm asking is that the June/July OTA has a bug where the phone reboots during a memory cleanup routine.