Is Virtuous 3.2.0 an upgrade of V 3.1.0

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have Virtuous 3.1.0 and notice in the rom manger Virtuous 3.2.0. Is this an upgrade of the version 3.1.0 that I am using or a totally different rom. It says that if you are upgrading no wipe is required. Also is there any difference between the two that would warrant upgrading.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Had a problem flashing Virtuous 3.2.0
I used rom manager to upgrade and everything was going well. I did a dalvik and cache wipe and then the phone rebooted. My problem was when the phone started to reboot it would not get past the white screen that says incredible. It would constantly get there then the screen would go blank then try again. I pulled the battery and then let the phone try to reboot again (same problem). I then did a restore of my backup of Virtuous 3.1.0 and everything is fine now.
The only thing that I can figure is it said I need HBOOT .92 or .96 I forget but I am not sure where to find this.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
O.K I found my HBOOT. It is .0.77. I need HBOOT .92 I guess this was the reason for my problem.
Now I need to know how to change it so that I can flash this rom. Any suggestions.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried to download but I got this message on my computer:
The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Install a program or if one is already installed create an association in the default programs control program.

What do I need to do now?

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Dude drag the file to your sdcard. I don't know why people don't use there phones to download files. It saves you time from plugging the phone to ur pc

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
O.K just so I have this straight. I downloaded and put on the root of my sd card the last URL you posted for downgrading recovery. This showed up as PB311MG.
The file size is 3,478kb as opposed to the previous URL you gave me which also was PB311MG but the file was only 203kb. Do I now just reboot the phone into HBOOT and go to upgrade.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks anyway for the help. Nothing seemed to work for me though. I downloaded several PB311MG files to try. All of them had different amounts of KB's in them ranging from 203kb to 3500kb so I don't know what the difference is. I put one on the root of the sd card and rebooted into Hboot then clicked upgrade and nothing happened.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
ok each files do different things.. the first one i send u was to upgrade ur hboot... but thats not ur problem u have to downgrade recovery then flash your rom in recovery .. just by downgrading ur recovery ur phone isn't going to stop bootlooping .. so downgrade your recovery after that hboot will tell u reboot click no. then go into recovery wipe everything then flash the rom again ..... if u downgraded ur recovery then in hboot click no for update

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I will try later on and let you know. As usual you are a wealth of information. I just hope I can follow it correctly.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I decided to try and upgrade my hboot using the first link provided. I put it on my sd card and updated. It now shows I have hboot .92 but it says no image found.
The screen then shows a triangle with an exclamation mark in it and the android guy. I was able to restore my phone and it works fine but when I went back into hboot to see if it returned to .77 it still said .92 but again said no image and went to the screen with the triangle and exclamation mark in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781