Lots of little or couple big problems?

fooshii

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
This is going to be a wall of text so I apologize in advance, just trying to provide some history to the problems I have had in case they are pertinent to resolving my problem.

I am currently using my DINC that I got the day they launched - had some minor issues at first (but who didnt?) and decided a few months back to root. No issues in the process I was running Virtuous and after a while started getting random restarts. After a couple weeks of tinkering I decided I just might have an issue with the phone and wanted to take it back to stock, just to see and maybe even try for a replacement.

After a long (2 day or so) FUBAR process I finally got my phone back to stock and working correctly (or so I thought). Apparently the stock rom I was trying to flash was pre 2.2 and the update would never load. I eventually found a stock rom that had 2.2, flashed it, ran s-on tool and the phone stabilized and all was good. Until another update was pushed some weeks (maybe months) back that I still cannot load. I decided to ignore it, but now my phone has gotten so awfully slow and battery inefficient that I am fed up.

Decided to re-root and try cyanogen 7, rooted fine, loaded cm7 not so fine. RC2 never loaded, just sat at the load screen, RC1 loaded, but nothing, NOTHING would run, everything force closed. 6.1 worked, but couldnt get contact list working and so I backed up and am back to my stock setup, horrible performance and battery life included. I hadnt performed a factory reset (my bad for not reading enough) so I tried that and upon boot up for the first time...my background was the same, launcherpro was still active and all shortcuts to my apps were on the screen, although they lead to nothing...wtf?!

What has happened? It wont even do a factory recovery now?? Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated...

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the cache, data and dalvik partitions did not wipe cleanly. Are you using Clockwork Recovery? If so which version?

CW 3.0.0.5 and .6 had issues wiping the partitions. 3.0.0.8 works well as does 2.x.

Reactions: fooshii

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
It does sound like either the cache, data and dalvik partitions were not wiped, or were not wiped completely.

Like the previous poster said, did you use Clockwork Recovery, or did you do it manually?

fooshii

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I used ROM manager, which I just checked and sure enough is running .5 So how do I update to .8, since unrevoked installed clockwork for me?

edit: I found the update in ROM manager itself, will try wipes and update.

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
In ROM manager - First go into menu-> settings and select "erase Recovery". This will make sure the old recovery is removed and then apply the new.

Then in ROM Manager at the bottom, select All ClockworkMod Recoveries and then select 3.0.0.8

Then boot into recovery and do a clean full install. Wipe data, cache and dalvik, then re-flash CM7, or whatever ROM .zip you like, and reboot.

You should be good to go.

fooshii

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, you guys rock, a big big thank you.

I had a nightly build of CM7 on my SD card and, after a minor hiccup has booted and is working beautifully. Can anyone point me to a dl link for the app store .zip? gonna have to d/l it on the phone since I dont have my cable here at work...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2