Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

Default Need help and no time to dig

I just tried to unroot my Incredible so I can take it in for warranty and when it went to reboot the screen went totally black and will do nothing, HELP PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

Anyone????
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

I think I read somewhere that this has happened before and that it boots into recovery, you just can't see the screen, can anyone confirm or give me an idea of how to fix this?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

What steps had you taken to un root? At what point in the process did it fail?
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

I put the downgrade zip on the root of my sd card, ran through the updates in recovery and it went totally black when i selected reboot

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

If you have access to a PC Try this.

Go to:

Inc. Stock Images | doug piston

and download the RUU. This is the Stock VZW Froyo load. Read all the instructions (a read me button is available after you launch the program) and connect your phone to the PC as directed.

This should take you back to stock as painlessly as possible.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

I'lll try that, thanks
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

How do you reformat the sd card to fat32? I think that may be why it's not working for me
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

Nevermind, had a blonde moment
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

Still just a black screen, any suggestions?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

Is it possible that my battery completely drained somehow and that's why it isn't working? If so, being that I have nothing, if I plug it in to charge, will it still charge the battery?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Try this...

Let’s say that fails. You get some USB error which is more common then most would like, you will have to try and flash the PB31IMG through Hboot. You will have to do this blindly as Hboot, like the rest of the device, won’t be visible. To do this download the file below and rename to PB31IMG.(Sd card must be formatted to Fat32). Then move the file to your SD card. Boot into hboot by powering up while holding the volume down button. Wait about 2-3 minutes and proceed volume+. Wait about another 5-10 minutes and press the volume+ one more time. Phone should show a display again and be back to life.

PB31IMG: http://dougpiston.com/files/RUU/buil...00_PB31IMG.zip

Once that is down you’ll be back to a semi-stock device but still will be s-off. This is not a bad thing. If you used the PB31IMG method delete it off your SD card. Download this version of ClockWork recovery and flash through Hboot.
    This is the whole post.
    Downgrade to unroot. Huge No No! | doug piston
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

I think what happened is the unroot zip I initially downloaded was for the AMOLED screen and I have a SLCD. It was not clearly marked one way or the other, so I'm pretty sure that's what I did. I'm just trying to get it fixed now. The reason I asked the question about the battery is usually my phone vibrates even when I boot into recovery, but it's not doing anything.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Charging it certainly won't hurt and having it die mid flash will, so definitely charge it up.

Did you try the HBOOT method yet?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

Yeah, let me go plug it in for a while and I'll try again in and hour or so. Thanks for all your help

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

No problem - I'm beat so I'm going to hit the hay. I'll check back in the morning to see how you made out and we'll go from there.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

I've still got nothing, I've got to get some sleep before I go to work in the morning. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I chatted with Doug Piston. He suggests the following:

1) Try the RUU on another computer:

* Download HTC Sync here: HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Downloads and install it to get the drivers.

* Re run the RUU you downloaded previously

or

2) Run the HBOOT again. The timing has to be just right. Wait 5 minutes once booted into HBOOT, press + vol... Wait 10 more minutes and hit +vol again

Let us know how it works out!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

Still not working. If I take it into Verizon as is, do you think I'll be able to get a warranty replacement as that's what my purpose for unrooting was anyway?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Well if we can't get it to work they certainly won't!

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

if you charged ur phone and it isn't turning on or into hboot then my friend your phone is bricked!!!
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

Crap, any way to fix it?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Ultimately the root problem, forgive the pun, is that the downgrade method you used does not work on SLCD devices. The display drivers are borked, hence the inability to see the screen.

The RUU and/or HBOOT methods above should have re-imaged the device completely back to stock. Since neither is working, I highly doubt they will get it working.

What were you returning it for originally?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

It was massively overheating to the point that I was only getting about 4 hours of battery life while doing nothing
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1

Would they take it for a warranty claim though?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast