1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck in Hboot after PB31IMG.zip

trying to return my phone for a blown speaker, needed to unroot. Was rooted with SkyRaider 3.5. Long story short placed PB31IMG.zip on root of sdcard to unroot, but now found out i need s-off first...anyway stuck on hboot and when i go into recovery i get black screen with red triangle and exclamation point? what to do?
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Try a battery pull and then try to boot into recovery again, and restore a backup.
    If that works, there's an unrevoked s-on .zip you need to flash, and then you can go back to stock settings afterwards.
    If that doesn't work, i bet somebody who knows more than i do will jump in and get you some help.

btw there is a section for unrooting stickied up top, you should check that out.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

The first question I have is... Which PB31IMG.zip were you flashing? The Stock Image, the Recovery or the HBOOT?
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

PvilleComp: you fixed it for me! got me thinking, cause i don't remember where i downloaded the PB31IMG.zip. I think i downloaded it a while ago knowing i might need it one day...anyway found a different PB31IMG.zip that had a different hboot file inside. installed on my sdcard and tada...back in business. So now i guess im still rooted since s-off is still off, just have the stock rom...anyway sigh of relief...thx!

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Happy to help. Sometimes all you need is a nudge to have that V8 moment!
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.