trying to return my phone for a blown speaker, needed to unroot. Was rooted with SkyRaider 3.5. Long story short placed PB31IMG.zip on root of sdcard to unroot, but now found out i need s-off first...anyway stuck on hboot and when i go into recovery i get black screen with red triangle and exclamation point? what to do?
    04-05-2011 01:22 PM
    Try a battery pull and then try to boot into recovery again, and restore a backup.
    If that works, there's an unrevoked s-on .zip you need to flash, and then you can go back to stock settings afterwards.
    If that doesn't work, i bet somebody who knows more than i do will jump in and get you some help.

btw there is a section for unrooting stickied up top, you should check that out.
    04-05-2011 02:23 PM
    The first question I have is... Which PB31IMG.zip were you flashing? The Stock Image, the Recovery or the HBOOT?
    zero neck likes this.
    04-05-2011 07:58 PM
    PvilleComp: you fixed it for me! got me thinking, cause i don't remember where i downloaded the PB31IMG.zip. I think i downloaded it a while ago knowing i might need it one day...anyway found a different PB31IMG.zip that had a different hboot file inside. installed on my sdcard and tada...back in business. So now i guess im still rooted since s-off is still off, just have the stock rom...anyway sigh of relief...thx!
    04-06-2011 01:28 AM
    Happy to help. Sometimes all you need is a nudge to have that V8 moment!
    04-06-2011 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD