Help needed after flashing CM7

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
There is no wat to tell just by looking at the backups which version they were made with unfortunately.

I just had a V8 moment...

What version of HBOOT are you using? I've been assuming .92 since you were running Virt 3.2 but you may want to double check.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have tried that one. I just tried all the ones I have and nothing works. I remember that when I was in rom manager the version I saw was 3.0.0.2 or 3.0.2.0. Can you find something that resembles that version.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
When I reboot the phone in hboot it tries to load the PB31IMG.zip but the words disappear so quick that I have to keep doing it to try and read it. This is what it seems to be saying

Loading PB31IMG.zip No image or wrong image
Loading PB31IMG.nbh No image or wrong image

Also just to make sure I am doing this right, when I boot into hboot it should take me right into recovery if the PM31IMG.zip is correct or at least direct me to do something. Or should I be going into something else once the phone boots up.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
This was the answer Doug Piston gave to someone who was having problems similar to me. Should I try to add the file and leave out the .zip.

Originally Posted by Weezy Jefferson
hi everyone,

i am trying to unroot my droid incredible.

i have downloaded "PM31IMG.ZIP" and tried to extract this compressed folder. no matter how many times i have downloaded this from various sites, it continues to give me "the compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted." it will not unzip / extract.

any ideas why this wont extract? does anyone have an extractable version of pm31img?

any assistance and insight is much appreciated.

thank you in advance.
Backup your sd card and format it to fat32 Then try you PB31IMG.zip. If you are on windows just rename it to PB31IMG and leave of thee .zip and it will be done for you.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The next 2 suggestions I have are

1) Try a different SD card

2) use the RUU to flash back to Stock. This will wipe EVERYTHING from you phone (but not the SD Card) and return you back to Stock HTC Froyo. You need a PC to do it and you should load HTCSync to make sure you have the proper drivers. Note: you will lose root but you will still be s-off so you can re-root using Unrevoked.

Directions/download for the RUU are Here.
Inc. Stock Images | doug piston

There is a PB31IMG.zip restore as well if you want to try that, but that method does not seem to be working.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Backup your sd card and format it to fat32 Then try you PB31IMG.zip. If you are on windows just rename it to PB31IMG and leave of thee .zip and it will be done for you.

leaving the .zip off is a trick for folks who have autohide known file extensions set on their PC's. Ther file comes out .zip.zip because the last .zip is hidden by windows. It's worth a shot before going nucular on the RUU

Reactions: zero neck

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
OK stig, I installed the PM31IMG file without the .zip and this is what came up.

parsing...[sd zip]
[1] recovery
do you want to start update?

before i say yes is this where i want to be and what do i do once it updates

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I did the update and rebooted phone. It would not fully load so i pulled the battery and booted into hboot again. This time I got the triangle with the exclamation point. I an now in cwm recovery. v 2.5.1.2. The PM31IMG file that I put on my sd card was v3.0.0.5.
At the bottom of the screen it says

cwm v2.5.1.2
Finding update package
E:Cant mount/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 (or /dev/bloc k/mmcblk1)
(no such file or directory)
E:Cant mount sd card:update.zip
installation aborted

I do not care at this point what I have on my phone as long as I get it to work, so what ever suggestions you have would be appreciated.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
PVille I ran into the same problem I originally had after I used titanium to restore my apps. I am in the recovery screen and notice in the choose zip file to apply that I now have to PB31IMG files.
1)PB31IMG.zip
2)PB31IMG.zip.zip

This must be the problem that is causing me to lose my boot up. Maybe when I re downloaded my rom manager or something else it put the .zip.zip file on there I don't know. Is there a way to delete this file while in recovery.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Took out the sd card and removed the extra zip file but still wont reboot properly. I will just redo what I did earlier and try again.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Reboot into recovery and wipe only cache and dalvik, not data and re-flash. (You won't lose your settings/apps that you just set up.) Then re-flash CM7 again.

Are you trying to restore system fles using Titanium? That will never work moving from ROM to ROM, and rarely works within the same ROM. The only thing you want to restore from Titanium is app data from apps that maintain state (like angry birds) and some settings like bookmarks. For the mostpary you want to re-download your apps fresh and then restore the data for those apps as needed.

Let us know what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol