Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by lefty_dinc View Post
    When in doubt Nandroid right?

Bing, Bing, Bing, Bingo!

Sorry - it's late - getting punchy!
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ROM
    SkyRaider 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post

Bing, Bing, Bing, Bingo!

Sorry - it's late - getting punchy!
    Seriously the pictures you find are hilarious. Your genius is not only with Android but with comedy
    Thanked by:
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lefty_dinc View Post
    I seriously believe it was placebo and just me being a little nervous about flashing for the first time.
    As promised, here are a few links to some really sweet mods for skyRaider... the first link is directly to XDA for all the avail mod options (the first section on transparent app drawer are METAMORPH related and I never mess with it since I don't know much about it) only click on the 'DOWNLOAD LINK' buttons only (unless you feel adventurous and want to experiment with METAMORPH, personally I don't like it and find it confusing). there are many cool things you can do, youll see I am also including a screenshot of my phone with the transparent rosie mod... I love it. here is a second link that will take you directly to the mirror site for the transparent rosie mod itself and nothing else ... but you can browse thought the first link and see if there are any other mods you may want to use to. just remember, DL the link, place on root of phone (you don't have to clear Dcache and regular cache but I always do just to be on the safe side), then just flash as an other normal zip .... and here is what my phone homescreen currently looks like.

Thanked by:
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Pville, I have been rockin the clear rosie mod for quite some time now for skyraider., However I tried to add another mod to change the notification bar to a light blue color, But for some reason it won't let me do both at the same time! I only have the choice to select between the clear rosie mod for changing my notification bar to the blue what is going wrong?... I have tried to set them both at the same time 1 after another in different orders I don't know what I'm doing wrong your 2 cents would be greatly appreciated :-)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by ssethv View Post
    Pville, I have been rockin the clear rosie mod for quite some time now for skyraider., However I tried to add another mod to change the notification bar to a light blue color, But for some reason it won't let me do both at the same time! I only have the choice to select between the clear rosie mod for changing my notification bar to the blue what is going wrong?... I have tried to set them both at the same time 1 after another in different orders I don't know what I'm doing wrong your 2 cents would be greatly appreciated :-)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    When you flash a Mod you also re-flash some of the system/framework .apk's that have been mod'd for that specific Mod. If 2 Mod's modify the same .apk's then the last one will win. That's why some mods are not compatible with each other or every nightly/build.

It's also the reason they came up with metamorph. As I understand it metamorph installs Mod's as apps rather then re-flashing the system/framework .apk's. It's a pain in the **** however you can flash multiple Mod's.

Hope this helps!
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

When you flash a Mod you also re-flash some of the system/framework .apk's that have been mod'd for that specific Mod. If 2 Mod's modify the same .apk's then the last one will win. That's why some mods are not compatible with each other or every nightly/build.

It's also the reason they came up with metamorph. As I understand it metamorph installs Mod's as apps rather then re-flashing the system/framework .apk's. It's a pain in the **** however you can flash multiple Mod's.

Hope this helps!
    Can you please direct me to some Metamorph info on how to CORRECTLY USE it. I really want to be able to use more than 2 mods at a time.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Can you please direct me to some Metamorph info on how to CORRECTLY USE it. I really want to be able to use more than 2 mods at a time.
    Here you go... All the Metamorph you can eat.

ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Here you go... All the Metamorph you can eat.

OK.... so I read through all of it and I think I am missing something... here is a screen shot of the error that I am getting... I used to have the Clear Rosie and now since I had to pick. I am stuck with the Blue notification bar... I would like to have both... if you or I cant figure it out then I will just stick with the clear rosie.... THIS IS WHY I DON"T LIKE METAMORPH.... I have tried it in the past and had no luck then either... I have to go to work but I will be on tapatalk.

Last edited by ssethv; 05-11-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

OK.... so I read through all of it and I think I am missing something... here is a screen shot of the error that I am getting... I used to have the Clear Rosie and now since I had to pick. I am stuck with the Blue notification bar... I would like to have both... if you or I cant figure it out then I will just stick with the clear rosie.... THIS IS WHY I DON"T LIKE METAMORPH.... I have tried it in the past and had no luck then either... I have to go to work but I will be on tapatalk.

It looks like that might not be a metamorph zip? Those zips need to have .xml's that basically say what files in the system (framework_res.apk, framework.jar, systemUI if on GB, etc) are being replaced by the metamorph.

Another option if you want to get your hands a little dirty is to go with ninjamorph. Basically, you can unzip the framework_res.apk that was modified with the clear rosie and manually drag all the themed .pngs from whatever theme you want. Then, when you apply the theme, you are getting everything you want in the .apk.

This is super powerful in that you can grab whatever elements of themes and metamorphs you want, but it is also a little more in depth, since you need to know what .apks to modify and if you are changing out .png's in a file explorer or via the computer, you could theoretically miss or rename one, which would cause a boot loop.

If you want to get into this, please pm me and I can be of more help. If there's enough interest, I can do an update on the "how to change the notification dropdown" post I made a while back (though that didn't really seem to pick up any interest).
    Give me enough time and I'll think of something clever...
    Thanked by:
    ssethv 

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Re-flash the Clear Rosie .zip then try the metamorph blue icons. The metamorph should just replace the Icon's in the System .apk and leave the rosie alone.

Or what rpz said!
    Thanked by:
    ssethv 
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rpz3.14 View Post
    It looks like that might not be a metamorph zip? Those zips need to have .xml's that basically say what files in the system (framework_res.apk, framework.jar, systemUI if on GB, etc) are being replaced by the metamorph.

Another option if you want to get your hands a little dirty is to go with ninjamorph. Basically, you can unzip the framework_res.apk that was modified with the clear rosie and manually drag all the themed .pngs from whatever theme you want. Then, when you apply the theme, you are getting everything you want in the .apk.

This is super powerful in that you can grab whatever elements of themes and metamorphs you want, but it is also a little more in depth, since you need to know what .apks to modify and if you are changing out .png's in a file explorer or via the computer, you could theoretically miss or rename one, which would cause a boot loop.

If you want to get into this, please pm me and I can be of more help. If there's enough interest, I can do an update on the "how to change the notification dropdown" post I made a while back (though that didn't really seem to pick up any interest).
    Basically, all I want to do Is keep the Blue notification bar, and keep my clear rosie mod... I am at a loss of how to do that... I am not familiar with ninja morph... any help would be awesome...
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Re-flash the Clear Rosie .zip then try the metamorph blue icons. The metamorph should just replace the Icon's in the System .apk and leave the rosie alone.

Or what rpz said!
    I will try and let you know via tapatalk how that workss..... off to work for me have a good day you guys... thanks for the helps.... its almost impossible to get help from XDA, cuz there are soooo many people online there. thts why I love this site.... I feel at home here... FAMILY

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

Basically, all I want to do Is keep the Blue notification bar, and keep my clear rosie mod... I am at a loss of how to do that... I am not familiar with ninja morph... any help would be awesome...
    Not to be all self promoting, but check out my post on changing the notification background if you haven't already (here). It lays out the basics of ninjamorph pretty well, I think, and being able to follow the steps to change that one file will be helpful as you try to replace many, many more.

Once you have done it once to get a feel for what it looks like normally, you can open the workspace for ninjamorph on a computer and drag and drop the theme files that way. This tends to be a bit more time consuming, but once you get the hang of it, you can really do whatever you want as far as custom theming.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

I moved back to skyraider 4.0 for a while. I'll try to play with this some and see if I can't get the configuration you're looking for.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

I moved back to skyraider 4.0 for a while. I'll try to play with this some and see if I can't get the configuration you're looking for.
    Ur the man... Thank you very much, I cannot figure out how to use it and make it work correctly and I really want to have to clear rosie mod and the cool blue notification bar

Sent from my SuperDinc via Tapatalk

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

Ur the man... Thank you very much, I cannot figure out how to use it and make it work correctly and I really want to have to clear rosie mod and the cool blue notification bar

Sent from my SuperDinc via Tapatalk
    Why, thank you! Here's what I've got so far.

I've only modified the com.htc.resources file, which changes the clear rosie, the signal strength, and the 3g/1x icons. My battery icon is in the framework-res.apk and has a ton of other changes. I also used the honeybread icons by haxzamatic instead of the ones you posted, cause I like them better. Let me know if you want this and I can give you a dropbox link to the apk, though you'll still have to apply it with ninjamorph.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

GOOD NEWS... I went to verizon and they gave me such a hard time that I am getting a new thunderbolt WITH NO cosmetic defaults for only 100 dollars tomorrow morning.... yay... I cant believe it....

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

GOOD NEWS... I went to verizon and they gave me such a hard time that I am getting a new thunderbolt WITH NO cosmetic defaults for only 100 dollars tomorrow morning.... yay... I cant believe it....
    That's awesome! I hope your TB experience goes better this time around, and I guess you won't be needing my help to get the setup you want.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

That's awesome! I hope your TB experience goes better this time around, and I guess you won't be needing my help to get the setup you want.
    Well. I have an appt with a dude at a store near my house because they were out of them at the store I went to... I explained why I sent the old one back (cosmetic issues) and told him that I wouldn't walk out of the store if it looked like the old one... he is also going to bring me a Dinc2 just in case Now I just need to sell my Dinc!!!

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Well. I have an appt with a dude at a store near my house because they were out of them at the store I went to... I explained why I sent the old one back (cosmetic issues) and told him that I wouldn't walk out of the store if it looked like the old one... he is also going to bring me a Dinc2 just in case Now I just need to sell my Dinc!!!
    Lol done changed your mind again

Id get the dinc2 over the tbolt but to each their own.Whichever you decide Goodluck

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

DINC 2!!! Tbolt seems alright and all but the 4G speeds at the expense of having a battery that can go more than 5 hours between charges just isn't worth it to me...yet.

What are you going to flash? With out ROMs and all its....just...a...phone? Wheres the fun in that?
    "I drank what?" -Socrates
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    DINC 2!!! Tbolt seems alright and all but the 4G speeds at the expense of having a battery that can go more than 5 hours between charges just isn't worth it to me...yet.

What are you going to flash? With out ROMs and all its....just...a...phone? Wheres the fun in that?
    Def NOT the Dinc2... I played with it alot at the store today... NOT impressed... its the same phone we all have... I want 4g.... we'll see what happens tomorrow... Ill keep you all posted plus it is going to be months before anything worth while comes out that is 4g and the Charge sux, (according to the store peeps)

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Def NOT the Dinc2... I played with it alot at the store today... NOT impressed... its the same phone we all have...
    But you can take super-mediocre grainy self portraits and keep them on your smaller internal storage? The Jacksonville humidity must be affecting your brain bro!

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Seth, you get your metamorth thing all straight?

I've used it a couple times and it is a little odd compared to flashing but works. A word of caution though, after I "metamorphed" (not sure if thats a term) the transparent app drawer it added some sort of vanilla launcher theme as well. I got around it rebooting, when it finished it's boot it axed if I wanted to use the ADW theme or Skyraider theme...obviously chose the Skyraider.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Good luck tomorrow morning. Just out of curiosity... What was the cosmetic damage on your first Tbolt?

Adrenaline has a couple of nice Tbolt ROMs out as well as CM coming soon.

And bacause I would kick myself for NOT saying it... Don't sell your DInc too fast!
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast