Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjonesdoster View Post
    So, I went into Titanium backup & moved most of my apps to SD from there, instead of using the "App 2 SD" app from the market (which I had done before). I will preface this by saying I moved at least 100 mb of apps over to the SD card from Titanium. I really have no idea how this works, I was just trying different things. So, now I went into my "Quick System Info Pro" app & it still shows me under the "A2SD" storage: Total: 194 mb, Free: 170 mb; so, it only seems to have dropped by a little (I had already moved some apps, so it really only dropped by about 15 mb).

Anybody have any idea of what is going on & how much actual app space I have on my SD card? I checked my phone storage & it went down by the full 100 mb, so I know this stuff got moved.
    every time I do that, I restart my phone, so that the sd card will be re-read then,

click on settings->SD & Phone Storage. that should tell you exactly what you have on your SD card, the internal memory, and phone memory (MB). as well as your utilities (the ability to unmount your SD card)

ROM
    CM7 Nightlies

I checked out miui Rom. Omg I feel bad for iphoners. I went back after about 15 min lol. Just very boxy and ugly. Android ftw and skyraider!!!!!

ibanez rgt6EXFX via tapatalk
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaefbaml View Post
    I checked out miui Rom. Omg I feel bad for iphoners. I went back after about 15 min lol. Just very boxy and ugly. Android ftw and skyraider!!!!!

ibanez rgt6EXFX via tapatalk
    Word MIUI sux!!!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ROM
    SkyRaider 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by ssethv View Post
    It depends where I am at but I would say for the most part it varies between a good signal or a bad signal... I also have my wifi settings to never sleep and when I go to work or I am at home my phone runs on wifi

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    So would you say 18 hours of up time and about 12 hours of awake time was decent for Seidio 3500? My signal is pretty weak for about 8 hours a day and almost no wifi.

Also did anybody ever figure out why the batteries don't charge 100 percent? Is it a Sense problem?
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Yes... I would say that is very good battery life dude... also, regarding the battery charging issue.. its an HTC thing and it is to protect your phone battery from overcharging, basically it keeps you batter lasting longer( the overall life of your battery)... Read this article and some of the comments and it will explain more
    http://www.androidcentral.com/bump-c...-and-how-do-it
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ROM
    SkyRaider 4.0

Yes... I would say that is very good battery life dude... also, regarding the battery charging issue.. its an HTC thing and it is to protect your phone battery from overcharging, basically it keeps you batter lasting longer( the overall life of your battery)... Read this article and some of the comments and it will explain more
    http://www.androidcentral.com/bump-c...-and-how-do-it
    So from what I gather bump charging is harmful? Would CM 7.0 allow the phone to charge fully and not do the quick discharge? Or should I just not worry about it?
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

regardless of what ROM u choose, that will not change it... it is just how HTC and other companies have it set up... I never bump charge... who has 30 mins do go through all that crap in the morning... besides I have a car charger if I need it... and yes, in the long rung it "can" be harmful to your phone I wouldn't worry about it
    Thanked by:
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by lefty_dinc View Post
    So from what I gather bump charging is harmful? Would CM 7.0 allow the phone to charge fully and not do the quick discharge? Or should I just not worry about it?
    I bump charge a few times if i get a new battery, but usually only 3-5x to get the battery broken in and lasting slightly longer. Some people bump charge every day, which can lead to the battery prematurely dying, but it will give you some extra juice.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I suppose it's technically bump charging, but I put the phone back on the charger when taking my shower in the morning. Gives it a little extra juice for the day.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Exclamation NEW UPDATE for skyRaider 4.0

HTC Sense Addon Widgets Pack #1 for skyRaider 4.0 is now available from the XDA link on the OP...
    Thanked by:
    Wanda 

Okay - so this morning I get up & all my apps are force closing on me. It appears like the preloaded ones are all working fine, but every other one force closes immediately upon opening. I can't open Titanium Backup, ROM Manager or anything else associated with rooting. Anybody offer some advice? Everything was working great for about 5 days, then it all went to pot.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Have you tried Fix Permissions - either in ROM Manager or in Recovery?
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    Have you tried Fix Permissions - either in ROM Manager or in Recovery?
    How do you do it in recovery? ROM Manager force closes immediately.

How do you do it in recovery? ROM Manager force closes immediately.
    Nevermind - I figured out how to do it. I rebooted into Recovery - Advanced - Fix Permissions. It said "Fixing Permissions"; then "Done." Rebooted & that did not help a bit. Everything still force closes. I was loving this new ROM for my DINC, so you can imagine how frustrated I am this morning. Still trying to figure out what I did wrong, because I really don't want to re-install all my apps again.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Nevermind - I figured out how to do it. I rebooted into Recovery - Advanced - Fix Permissions. It said "Fixing Permissions"; then "Done." Rebooted & that did not help a bit. Everything still force closes. I was loving this new ROM for my DINC, so you can imagine how frustrated I am this morning. Still trying to figure out what I did wrong, because I really don't want to re-install all my apps again.
    Unfortunatly it sounds to me like that would be the best idea, clean wipe of all three data.

If you have a current backup through TItanium you could delete all the apps that are FCing and then reinstall them with them with Titanium as a batch mode...App only NO data.

Should keep you from having to totally reset the phone and loose all your data like WIFI passwords, sms's etc...

Otherwise I'd say your headed for a factory reset, data/cache wipe, dalvik wipe. But even if you do a factory reset you can still use titanium to batch reinstall the apps with NO data, just app only. It may be a bit of a pain but it should only take about 30 minutes if you use the batch mode.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    Unfortunatly it sounds to me like that would be the best idea, clean wipe of all three data.

If you have a current backup through TItanium you could delete all the apps that are FCing and then reinstall them with them with Titanium as a batch mode...App only NO data.

Should keep you from having to totally reset the phone and loose all your data like WIFI passwords, sms's etc...

Otherwise I'd say your headed for a factory reset, data/cache wipe, dalvik wipe. But even if you do a factory reset you can still use titanium to batch reinstall the apps with NO data, just app only. It may be a bit of a pain but it should only take about 30 minutes if you use the batch mode.

Okay - so I tried deleting the app & re-installing it & they all work fine (except for ROM Manager - not sure why that is continuing to force close even after I re-install it). I already did the Factory reset, data/cache wipe & dalvik wipe just 5 days ago - so I will not be keeping this ROM if I have to do this every 5 days. I'll try it again & see what happens - I just wish I had a reason that it suddenly starting force closing, so I could fix it & be assured it would not happen again. Just going through the same process I just went through seems pointless.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Okay - so I tried deleting the app & re-installing it & they all work fine (except for ROM Manager - not sure why that is continuing to force close even after I re-install it). I already did the Factory reset, data/cache wipe & dalvik wipe just 5 days ago - so I will not be keeping this ROM if I have to do this every 5 days. I'll try it again & see what happens - I just wish I had a reason that it suddenly starting force closing, so I could fix it & be assured it would not happen again. Just going through the same process I just went through seems pointless.
    I've been on this ROM pretty much since it came out and I haven't had any issues with it. If ROM manager is the only app acting up then I'd say stop using it. I get along just fine by doing it all manually...in fact I can't remember the last time is even opened ROM manager.

I'm sure ROM manager is a good app and the people who make it and keep it running are nice folks but there are just too many posts that have the phrase "Well I was using ROM manager but its still not working right". Really, try doing things the manual way and you'll probably eliminate 90% of the problems that occur with data not wiping completely and installs not going well.
    Thanked by:
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

I only use rom manager to make my backups so naming them is easier, and sometimes to manage/delete old backups i dont need anymore. I never download roms or flash them with it.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    I only use rom manager to make my backups so naming them is easier, and sometimes to manage/delete old backups i dont need anymore. I never download roms or flash them with it.
    I do the exact same thing with ROM manager... I only make/rename/delete backups... I never ever use it do DL a ROM... and Widget pack 1 is available from the XDA link on the OP... nothing special, I havent flashed it...
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

the new WIDGET PACK 1 is available from the XDA link on the Skyraider OP... it is nothing special... I haven't flashed it... here are the list of the new widgets
    Coinflip
    Day Challenge
    Dice
    Note
    Sand Timer
    Tip Calculator
    Today In History
    Word of the Day
    here is the link directly to the XDA skyraider OP if anyone wants these widgets [ROM] SkyRaider Sense 4.0 [UPDATED: 04/22/11] - xda-developers... just DL and flash as normal... I would clear dalvik and cache first just to be safe... the only think I have changed is my Rosie, I made it translucent ... here is a screen shot of my homescreen and what I am talking about...

Okay - so this morning I get up & all my apps are force closing on me. It appears like the preloaded ones are all working fine, but every other one force closes immediately upon opening. I can't open Titanium Backup, ROM Manager or anything else associated with rooting. Anybody offer some advice? Everything was working great for about 5 days, then it all went to pot.
    I turned my phone off because I could not send a message (the box to send was greyed out), now all my apps are force closing as well, except the built in android ones. What did you end up doing?
    Last edited by jonjones88; 05-10-2011 at 07:19 AM.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jonjones88 View Post
    I turned my phone off because I could not send a message (the box to send was greyed out), now all my apps are force closing as well, except the built in android ones. What did you end up doing?
    Not to speak for the OP, but re-read my post from the previous page. Post #190.

I believe he deleted all apps that didnt come with SR4.0 and reinstalled with titanium...remeber, app only, NO DATA.

EDIT: The only app I've had to force close on me was my restore of Angry Birds cause I tried to restore the data too against my own advice. What can I say, I didn't want to start over again but guess what...FORCE CLOSE!! Had to delete, reinstall app only and it works as advertised...except I had to start all over again..grrrrrrrr....angry birds+angry wanda.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

the only think I have changed is my Rosie, I made it translucent ... here is a screen shot of my homescreen and what I am talking about...

That looks really nice, seth. One of the things I just don't like about sense is the look of the rosie launcher. If/when I decide to take a CM7 break, I'll give you a buzz to get that change.
    Give me enough time and I'll think of something clever...
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rpz3.14 View Post
    That looks really nice, seth. One of the things I just don't like about sense is the look of the rosie launcher. If/when I decide to take a CM7 break, I'll give you a buzz to get that change.
    That is one of the reasons I didn't like the rosie either... but then davidNC sent me the link to the MODs for it... I love it being translucent... I also have the arrow on the right set to send me to my texting.

also, I am a freak about my backgrounds and for somereason when I found this one, I fell in love, first of all, I don't like colorful backgrounds, they take up battery... I like my dark and perhaps a bit sinister also, since we don't have the choice to NOT use all seven home screens I only use 4 or 5 of them. also, I love Fancy widget pro, it is so freakin customizable, I love it. hit me up if you need any help...
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

I avoid sense.. not on skyraider (bc my dinc is cm7 of course) but on the tbolt. Adw ex is still where its at for me, and it just got some substantial updates, particularly in the themes department.

So i don't use rosie mapping, i just have a 5 icon dock bar and a hidden dockbar behind it.

I was thinking about getting fw pro (didnt have amazon appstore when it was free). too lazy to check it out.
    Last edited by zero neck; 05-10-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast