Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    I avoid sense.. not on skyraider (bc my dinc is cm7 of course) but on the tbolt. Adw ex is still where its at for me, and it just some substantial updates, particularly in the themes department.

So i don't use rosie mapping, i just have a 5 icon dock bar and a hidden dockbar behind it.

I was thinking about getting fw pro (didnt have amazon appstore when it was free). too lazy to check it out.
    I love the 5 icon dock with hidden dockbar, as well. I am thinking that the wave launcher might be a suitable replacement for the hidden dock on sense, though.
    Give me enough time and I'll think of something clever...
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Yeah i downloaded the wave launcher but it was just getting in the way of my hidden dockbar - so i cut it loose.

It could work with sense tho, i could see that.

Any cool adw themes recommendations?

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ok this is going to be a silly question, but I'm coming over from Warm Z & everytime I go through & try to flash this ROM the Warm Z splash screen comes on. I have wiped data/cache/dalvik multiple times and each time I select the ROM it installs really fast & that's about it. I downloaded SR from ROM Manager.
    :o BlackBerry 8100 --> BlackBerry 8330 --> Blackberry 9630 --> HTC Incredible ---> GALAXY NEXUS

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kjsmommy10 View Post
    Ok this is going to be a silly question, but I'm coming over from Warm Z & everytime I go through & try to flash this ROM the Warm Z splash screen comes on. I have wiped data/cache/dalvik multiple times and each time I select the ROM it installs really fast & that's about it. I downloaded SR from ROM Manager.
    I dont think you're actually installing it. Are you using ROM manager...if so there is your problem. Do everything through ClockworkMod Recovery manually. If you need directions on what I mean by "manually" there are several posts floating around with step by steps...it's really pretty easy.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    I dont think you're actually installing it. Are you using ROM manager...if so there is your problem. Do everything through ClockworkMod Recovery manually. If you need directions on what I mean by "manually" there are several posts floating around with step by steps...it's really pretty easy.
    No I'm actually going into CWM & flashing it that way. I've never used ROM Manger to flash a ROM just because I know in the past it's had problems.
    :o BlackBerry 8100 --> BlackBerry 8330 --> Blackberry 9630 --> HTC Incredible ---> GALAXY NEXUS
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Did you try to download the rom zip again and try that one?

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kjsmommy10 View Post
    No I'm actually going into CWM & flashing it that way. I've never used ROM Manger to flash a ROM just because I know in the past it's had problems.
    Hmmm. And your sure you've got the skyraider 4.0 zip on the sd card. You could try the factory rest/data wipe, data/cache, dalvik wipes twice. Make sure you're doing all three (I'm sure you are if you got Warm Z to run).

It doesn't take all that long to install the .zip but the first boot up is where it takes forever. Even so, after you get it to flash properly total install time should only be about 20 minutes.

Here's another thought, are you using a Mac to download the ROM and place on your card. I had problems with the way my Mac would "zip" the file back up and I could never get anything to flash...started downloading the ROMs to my phone from my phones browser and haven't had any problems since.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Did you try to download the rom zip again and try that one?
    Yeah that's what I'm doing now...here's to hoping it goes through this time. I'm just really bored at work so I figured why not try out a new ROM. Especially since I love CM7, but I love the sense aspects, so hello SR! LoL

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda View Post
    Hmmm. And your sure you've got the skyraider 4.0 zip on the sd card. You could try the factory rest/data wipe, data/cache, dalvik wipes twice. Make sure you're doing all three (I'm sure you are if you got Warm Z to run).

It doesn't take all that long to install the .zip but the first boot up is where it takes forever. Even so, after you get it to flash properly total install time should only be about 20 minutes.

Here's another thought, are you using a Mac to download the ROM and place on your card. I had problems with the way my Mac would "zip" the file back up and I could never get anything to flash...started downloading the ROMs to my phone from my phones browser and haven't had any problems since.
    So I went to the XDA thread & downloaded the zip through my PC computer & now I'm getting ready to try it this way. Here's to hope! LoL

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Yeah i downloaded the wave launcher but it was just getting in the way of my hidden dockbar - so i cut it loose.

It could work with sense tho, i could see that.

Any cool adw themes recommendations?
    Here's my current set up:

I like the icon pack from adw.elegant, which is what the Talk, Camera, and Firefox icons are in my dock. The app icon is taken from the honeybread theme, and the phone icon is from rover blue, which is the rest of my theme.
    Last edited by rpz3.14; 05-10-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Give me enough time and I'll think of something clever...

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ok so I finally got it up & running!!! Thank goodness!!!

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ROM
    SkyRaider 4.0

Hey guys, got a quick question here, I've read lots of information about roms and themes and mods and all this fun stuff and did not see an answer, but is it possible for a rom to affect your cell reception?

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by lefty_dinc View Post
    Hey guys, got a quick question here, I've read lots of information about roms and themes and mods and all this fun stuff and did not see an answer, but is it possible for a rom to affect your cell reception?
    Flashing a ROM doesn't affect your radio and I've never had a ROM affect my call reception.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    +Blue Gingerbread ADW Theme
    +Nexus One Boot Animation
    +Widgets. Lots of widgets.
    =Pure awesome.
    Thanked by:
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

try dialing *228 and press 2... this will update your phone to the latest towers and roaming capabilites
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ROM
    SkyRaider 4.0

I did that and I don't know if the whole thing was just placebo effect, I think I was watching it more closely since this is the first ROM I have flashed.
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

I did that and I don't know if the whole thing was just placebo effect, I think I was watching it more closely since this is the first ROM I have flashed.
    well you made a good choice with this ROM... I have tried them ALL... and as an experienced ROM user, this is by far the smoothest running and I have had no problems at all with it... bottom line is, I LOVE THIS ROM.... I am now using it as my daily ROM... I LOVE IT

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ROM
    SkyRaider 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by ssethv View Post
    well you made a good choice with this ROM... I have tried them ALL... and as an experienced ROM user, this is by far the smoothest running and I have had no problems at all with it... bottom line is, I LOVE THIS ROM.... I am now using it as my daily ROM... I LOVE IT
    I can see that you love it... lol what kind of problems does this ROM not have that others have?
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

I can see that you love it... lol what kind of problems does this ROM not have that others have?
    Well.. I have never once had any FC issues (i have with other roms) and I get amazing batter life with just the stock kernel.... also, I really like the dropdown notification bar and the options that are built into it... another big issue it the fact that the camera functions actually work great with this rom... CM7 has some minor camera and camcorder issues... warmZ ROM is just ok, I had ALOT of FC issues with it... the same goes with re-engineered ROM... and don't get me started on how UGLY MIUI ROM is... if I wanted and IPHONE i would have bought one my advice to you is to get you skyraider settings the way you like and make a nandroid backup of it, that way you can always safely revert back if need be... then if you want to, try and experiment with some other ROMs... BUT, before you do, please READ READ READ and READ some more about the ROM first, I ALWAYS start from the first page of the OP and read every single page no matter how long it takes... that way you can get alll of your questions answered before you even have to post them holler at me or send me a private message if you need any help.... we are all here to help newbies, we all started somewhere...

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ROM
    SkyRaider 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by ssethv View Post
    Well.. I have never once had any FC issues (i have with other roms) and I get amazing batter life with just the stock kernel.... also, I really like the dropdown notification bar and the options that are built into it... another big issue it the fact that the camera functions actually work great with this rom... CM7 has some minor camera and camcorder issues... warmZ ROM is just ok, I had ALOT of FC issues with it... the same goes with re-engineered ROM... and don't get me started on how UGLY MIUI ROM is... if I wanted and IPHONE i would have bought one my advice to you is to get you skyraider settings the way you like and make a nandroid backup of it, that way you can always safely revert back if need be... then if you want to, try and experiment with some other ROMs... BUT, before you do, please READ READ READ and READ some more about the ROM first, I ALWAYS start from the first page of the OP and read every single page no matter how long it takes... that way you can get alll of your questions answered before you even have to post them holler at me or send me a private message if you need any help.... we are all here to help newbies, we all started somewhere...
    I'm gonna ask this here since others may have the same question, how exactly do you flash a theme or mod such as the Clear Rosie you are using?
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

I'm gonna ask this here since others may have the same question, how exactly do you flash a theme or mod such as the Clear Rosie you are using?
    I am laying in bed right now so I can't exactly send you the link but first thing tomorrow morning I will get you the link and I will explain how to do it, you doing the same way as you would flash any other zip. once downloaded you place on the root of your sd card and then you clear your delphic cash and regular cash and then flash just like you would any other zip. I will also include a screenshot of my home screen to show you what the clear rosie mod looks like on my phone. just check back tomorrow morning around 830 or 9 and I will give you complete instructions;-)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

As Dark Wizard said - Flashing a ROM does not change your Radio so you will not see actual reception changes. You can however see changes in how your reception is displayed on the Notification Bar.

Back in the clair days the Stock ROM was notorious for "under displaying" signal strength in the Notification Bar. It drove people batty.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ROM
    SkyRaider 4.0

Thanks guy. You're the best. I saw the post you had a couple of pages back and the link to the thread on xda. I was just curious about how to apply without screwing up this ROM because so far it has been fantastic. lol

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ROM
    SkyRaider 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    As Dark Wizard said - Flashing a ROM does not change your Radio so you will not see actual reception changes. You can however see changes in how your reception is displayed on the Notification Bar.

Back in the clair days the Stock ROM was notorious for "under displaying" signal strength in the Notification Bar. It drove people batty.
    I seriously believe it was placebo and just me being a little nervous about flashing for the first time.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Thanks guy. You're the best. I saw the post you had a couple of pages back and the link to the thread on xda. I was just curious about how to apply without screwing up this ROM because so far it has been fantastic. lol
    To install the Mod's just download the .zip to your phone and flash it in clockwork like a ROM. You can clear Cache and Dalvik if you like, though it's probably not necessary. No need to clear Data.

Be sure you make a Nandroid Backup first!
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ROM
    SkyRaider 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    To install the Mod's just download the .zip to your phone and flash it in clockwork like a ROM. You can clear Cache and Dalvik if you like, though it's probably not necessary. No need to clear Data.

Be sure you make a Nandroid Backup first!
    When in doubt Nandroid right?
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast