Skyraider 4.0 Available Now

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, got a quick question here, I've read lots of information about roms and themes and mods and all this fun stuff and did not see an answer, but is it possible for a rom to affect your cell reception?

As Dark Wizard said - Flashing a ROM does not change your Radio so you will not see actual reception changes. You can however see changes in how your reception is displayed on the Notification Bar.

Back in the ?clair days the Stock ROM was notorious for "under displaying" signal strength in the Notification Bar. It drove people batty.

Reactions: lefty_dinc

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guy. You're the best. I saw the post you had a couple of pages back and the link to the thread on xda. I was just curious about how to apply without screwing up this ROM because so far it has been fantastic. lol :p

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
As Dark Wizard said - Flashing a ROM does not change your Radio so you will not see actual reception changes. You can however see changes in how your reception is displayed on the Notification Bar.

Back in the ?clair days the Stock ROM was notorious for "under displaying" signal strength in the Notification Bar. It drove people batty.

I seriously believe it was placebo and just me being a little nervous about flashing for the first time.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guy. You're the best. I saw the post you had a couple of pages back and the link to the thread on xda. I was just curious about how to apply without screwing up this ROM because so far it has been fantastic. lol :p

To install the Mod's just download the .zip to your phone and flash it in clockwork like a ROM. You can clear Cache and Dalvik if you like, though it's probably not necessary. No need to clear Data.

Be sure you make a Nandroid Backup first! ;)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
When in doubt Nandroid right?

microsoft_chandler_bing.png

4011222325426s.gif

BingBingBingoTitleScreen.jpg

Bing, Bing, Bing, Bingo!

;)

Sorry - it's late - getting punchy! ;)

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I seriously believe it was placebo and just me being a little nervous about flashing for the first time.
As promised, here are a few links to some really sweet mods for skyRaider... the first link is directly to XDA for all the avail mod options SkyRaider 4.0 THEMES by ACD168 - xda-developers (the first section on transparent app drawer are METAMORPH related and I never mess with it since I don't know much about it) only click on the 'DOWNLOAD LINK' buttons only (unless you feel adventurous and want to experiment with METAMORPH, personally I don't like it and find it confusing). there are many cool things you can do, youll see :) I am also including a screenshot of my phone with the transparent rosie mod... I love it. here is a second link that will take you directly to the mirror site for the transparent rosie mod itself and nothing else Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!... but you can browse thought the first link and see if there are any other mods you may want to use to. just remember, DL the link, place on root of phone (you don't have to clear Dcache and regular cache but I always do just to be on the safe side), then just flash as an other normal zip :).... and here is what my phone homescreen currently looks like.

snap20110509_174815.png

Reactions: rpz3.14

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Pville, I have been rockin the clear rosie mod for quite some time now for skyraider., However I tried to add another mod to change the notification bar to a light blue color, But for some reason it won't let me do both at the same time! I only have the choice to select between the clear rosie mod for changing my notification bar to the blue what is going wrong?... I have tried to set them both at the same time 1 after another in different orders I don't know what I'm doing wrong your 2 cents would be greatly appreciated :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Pville, I have been rockin the clear rosie mod for quite some time now for skyraider., However I tried to add another mod to change the notification bar to a light blue color, But for some reason it won't let me do both at the same time! I only have the choice to select between the clear rosie mod for changing my notification bar to the blue what is going wrong?... I have tried to set them both at the same time 1 after another in different orders I don't know what I'm doing wrong your 2 cents would be greatly appreciated :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

When you flash a Mod you also re-flash some of the system/framework .apk's that have been mod'd for that specific Mod. If 2 Mod's modify the same .apk's then the last one will win. That's why some mods are not compatible with each other or every nightly/build.

It's also the reason they came up with metamorph. As I understand it metamorph installs Mod's as apps rather then re-flashing the system/framework .apk's. It's a pain in the butt however you can flash multiple Mod's.

Hope this helps!

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
When you flash a Mod you also re-flash some of the system/framework .apk's that have been mod'd for that specific Mod. If 2 Mod's modify the same .apk's then the last one will win. That's why some mods are not compatible with each other or every nightly/build.

It's also the reason they came up with metamorph. As I understand it metamorph installs Mod's as apps rather then re-flashing the system/framework .apk's. It's a pain in the butt however you can flash multiple Mod's.

Hope this helps!
Can you please direct me to some Metamorph info on how to CORRECTLY USE it. I really want to be able to use more than 2 mods at a time.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
OK.... so I read through all of it and I think I am missing something... here is a screen shot of the error that I am getting... I used to have the Clear Rosie and now since I had to pick. I am stuck with the Blue notification bar... I would like to have both... if you or I cant figure it out then I will just stick with the clear rosie.... THIS IS WHY I DON"T LIKE METAMORPH.... I have tried it in the past and had no luck then either... I have to go to work but I will be on tapatalk.

snap20110511_083858.png

Last edited:

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
OK.... so I read through all of it and I think I am missing something... here is a screen shot of the error that I am getting... I used to have the Clear Rosie and now since I had to pick. I am stuck with the Blue notification bar... I would like to have both... if you or I cant figure it out then I will just stick with the clear rosie.... THIS IS WHY I DON"T LIKE METAMORPH.... I have tried it in the past and had no luck then either... I have to go to work but I will be on tapatalk.

snap20110511_083858.png

It looks like that might not be a metamorph zip? Those zips need to have .xml's that basically say what files in the system (framework_res.apk, framework.jar, systemUI if on GB, etc) are being replaced by the metamorph.

Another option if you want to get your hands a little dirty is to go with ninjamorph. Basically, you can unzip the framework_res.apk that was modified with the clear rosie and manually drag all the themed .pngs from whatever theme you want. Then, when you apply the theme, you are getting everything you want in the .apk.

This is super powerful in that you can grab whatever elements of themes and metamorphs you want, but it is also a little more in depth, since you need to know what .apks to modify and if you are changing out .png's in a file explorer or via the computer, you could theoretically miss or rename one, which would cause a boot loop.

If you want to get into this, please pm me and I can be of more help. If there's enough interest, I can do an update on the "how to change the notification dropdown" post I made a while back (though that didn't really seem to pick up any interest).

Reactions: ssethv

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Re-flash the Clear Rosie .zip then try the metamorph blue icons. The metamorph should just replace the Icon's in the System .apk and leave the rosie alone.

Or what rpz said! ;)

Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It looks like that might not be a metamorph zip? Those zips need to have .xml's that basically say what files in the system (framework_res.apk, framework.jar, systemUI if on GB, etc) are being replaced by the metamorph.

Another option if you want to get your hands a little dirty is to go with ninjamorph. Basically, you can unzip the framework_res.apk that was modified with the clear rosie and manually drag all the themed .pngs from whatever theme you want. Then, when you apply the theme, you are getting everything you want in the .apk.

This is super powerful in that you can grab whatever elements of themes and metamorphs you want, but it is also a little more in depth, since you need to know what .apks to modify and if you are changing out .png's in a file explorer or via the computer, you could theoretically miss or rename one, which would cause a boot loop.

If you want to get into this, please pm me and I can be of more help. If there's enough interest, I can do an update on the "how to change the notification dropdown" post I made a while back (though that didn't really seem to pick up any interest).
Basically, all I want to do Is keep the Blue notification bar, and keep my clear rosie mod... I am at a loss of how to do that... I am not familiar with ninja morph... any help would be awesome...

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Re-flash the Clear Rosie .zip then try the metamorph blue icons. The metamorph should just replace the Icon's in the System .apk and leave the rosie alone.

Or what rpz said! ;)
I will try and let you know via tapatalk how that workss..... off to work for me :) have a good day you guys... thanks for the helps.... its almost impossible to get help from XDA, cuz there are soooo many people online there. thts why I love this site.... I feel at home here... FAMILY

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Basically, all I want to do Is keep the Blue notification bar, and keep my clear rosie mod... I am at a loss of how to do that... I am not familiar with ninja morph... any help would be awesome...

Not to be all self promoting, but check out my post on changing the notification background if you haven't already (here). It lays out the basics of ninjamorph pretty well, I think, and being able to follow the steps to change that one file will be helpful as you try to replace many, many more.

Once you have done it once to get a feel for what it looks like normally, you can open the workspace for ninjamorph on a computer and drag and drop the theme files that way. This tends to be a bit more time consuming, but once you get the hang of it, you can really do whatever you want as far as custom theming.

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I moved back to skyraider 4.0 for a while. I'll try to play with this some and see if I can't get the configuration you're looking for.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I moved back to skyraider 4.0 for a while. I'll try to play with this some and see if I can't get the configuration you're looking for.

Ur the man... Thank you very much, I cannot figure out how to use it and make it work correctly and I really want to have to clear rosie mod and the cool blue notification bar

Sent from my SuperDinc via Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome