Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help with root- it wont root no matter what!

I Keep getting "failed to flash recovery image" when sing the unrevoked method. Have all drivers installed. Dont have htc sync installed, have the htc bootloader usb drivers installed correct and showing up correctly and i have formatting my sdcard to fat32 and there is nothing on it at all, but nothing i can do gets this thing to root.

Its a rev2 amoled incredible.

Baseband 2.15.00.07.28

Everything is stock on the phone

I am tearing my hair out trying to root this phone, anyone have any ideas please help ! thank you

ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbubello View Post
    I Keep getting "failed to flash recovery image" when sing the unrevoked method. Have all drivers installed. Dont have htc sync installed, have the htc bootloader usb drivers installed correct and showing up correctly and i have formatting my sdcard to fat32 and there is nothing on it at all, but nothing i can do gets this thing to root.

Its a rev2 amoled incredible.

Baseband 2.15.00.07.28

Everything is stock on the phone

I am tearing my hair out trying to root this phone, anyone have any ideas please help ! thank you
    Have you turned on USB Debugging under Settings > Applications > Development?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes I have, its an obvious step. I have tried every solution posted everywhere I can find. I dont know what to do. I have uninstalled the reflash package, tried different versions of it etc.. Is there something I am supposed to be putting on the sdcard before I am doing the root? I just feel lost on this and want to scream