Trying to flash a new ROM

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Im rooted and im S-OFF. Im using rom manager, I downloaded CM7.03 and google apps, checked everything, wipe, backup ect.. My phone reboots, and all i see is the htc incredible screen, it won't budge from there. I have to pull my battery for it to reboot normally.

So i go back into rom manager and reboot into recovery, and it does the exact same thing.

What am i missing?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Try doing your data wipes and flashing it the manual way through Clockwork Recovery. ROM manager is kind of known for not getting along with certain ROMs.
I'm not going to insult you with instructions on how to do it but if you don't know here's a really good link.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/inc...w-root-un-root-rom-your-droid-incredible.html

Go to step 4 on the page this brings up and go from there. You should be rocking vanilla G-bread in no time.

Reactions: boyer61

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Try doing your data wipes and flashing it the manual way through Clockwork Recovery. ROM manager is kind of known for not getting along with certain ROMs.
I'm not going to insult you with instructions on how to do it but if you don't know here's a really good link.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/inc...w-root-un-root-rom-your-droid-incredible.html

Go to step 4 on the page this brings up and go from there. You should be rocking vanilla G-bread in no time.

I tried that, and it's still doing the same thing. Hanging up at the HTC incredible screen.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Once your there its pretty easy. Do the factory reset/ data wipe, wipe data cache, wipe dalvik (its under the advanced menu) . After that go to install zip from SD card, choose zip, scroll to cm7 and install it. The first reboot will be a long one, don't panic unless its been booting for like 20 minutes.

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, CM7 was rebooting like crazy! It would work for a few second then reboot and continue it.

Is it possible to run and over clock kernel, such as incridikernel, on a stock rom?

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, well I found a rom that i think i like, Skyraider. I installed it ok and everything, but it just stays at the incredible screen. Wat causes this? and what can i do to make it work?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Interesting this happened on two different ROMs. Which recovery are you running?

How are you downloading the ROM, on a PC then placing it on your SD? Edit: I'd suggest downloading it straight to your phone from your phone's browser, then moving it from the "download" folder to the root of your sd card using Astro or whatever your preferred file exploring app happens to be.

I haven't hears of anyone having this sort of problem with skyraider...it should be pretty straightforward.

Are you getting any odd messages during the actual flash?

Last edited:
Reactions: boyer61

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Interesting this happened on two different ROMs. Which recovery are you running?

How are you downloading the ROM, on a PC then placing it on your SD? Edit: I'd suggest downloading it straight to your phone from your phone's browser, then moving it from the "download" folder to the root of your sd card using Astro or whatever your preferred file exploring app happens to be.

I haven't hears of anyone having this sort of problem with skyraider...it should be pretty straightforward.

Are you getting any odd messages during the actual flash?

I'm putting it on the root of my SD, then booting into recovery.

It finally went past that, after it boot looped about 3 times and the spinning harly davidson looking sign was lagging and freezing up.

The i flashed incridkernel for froyo, and that screwed everything up, the top bar was distorted and stuff.

So i flashed cyanogenmod, it bootlooped a few times then finally booted. restored my apps and everything, and during that time if i tried to do anything it would freeze and fast reboot. it would do that constantly.

Right now im back to 100% stock, no root. I want to put a new rom on my phone, but i really like the stock look. Basically i want to be able to over clock wit a stockish rom. I don't really like cyanogenmods look, but i love their battery percentage. What should i do/try?

And during flash, everything goes smooth as silk..

And i tried the fix permission in rom manager to no avail during CM.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm putting it on the root of my SD, then booting into recovery.

It finally went past that, after it boot looped about 3 times and the spinning harly davidson looking sign was lagging and freezing up.

The i flashed incridkernel for froyo, and that screwed everything up, the top bar was distorted and stuff.

So i flashed cyanogenmod, it bootlooped a few times then finally booted. restored my apps and everything, and during that time if i tried to do anything it would freeze and fast reboot. it would do that constantly.

Right now im back to 100% stock, no root. I want to put a new rom on my phone, but i really like the stock look. Basically i want to be able to over clock wit a stockish rom. I don't really like cyanogenmods look, but i love their battery percentage. What should i do/try?

And during flash, everything goes smooth as silk..

And i tried the fix permission in rom manager to no avail during CM.

Been a couple days since I've any "free time" so sorry for the delay.

Have you been able to get anything running other than your stock 2.2?
I'm not an expert but it sounds to me like something isn't wiping correctly. Which version of Clockwork Mod are you using?

I would do all data wipes manually...in fact I would do them twice just to make sure. I've flashed Skyraider 4.0, CM7, Warm Z, Inredibly reEngineered and several others I can't remember off the top of my head and I haven't had any problems except for WarmZ 2.2.

Not to insinuate anything but are you sure you're wiping all three of the "data's"?

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It worked itself out, I was using CWM 3, i think me over clocking past stock caused these issues. But all it well, im using
Nothing special" right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar