1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CM7 with google apps problems

I downloaded and installed CM7 with no problems, other than it not having the standard google apps. well I found a download for em, when i installed it, it took me into a never ending boot loop type deal. any words of advice or maybe another download I could try for the google apps? thanks in advance

Global Posts
    6,659 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid4830 View Post
    I downloaded and installed CM7 with no problems, other than it not having the standard google apps. well I found a download for em, when i installed it, it took me into a never ending boot loop type deal. any words of advice or maybe another download I could try for the google apps? thanks in advance
    This is the gapps link from the OP of the CM7 Nightlies thread .
    Hopefully you made a backup before getting into that bootloop.
    If that happened to me I think I would restore my last backup and redo just to make sure all is good to go , but thats me im picky

<---- gapps link from CM7 nightlies thread
    Last edited by davidnc; 05-24-2011 at 04:26 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

trying the new download now, hope this works. and i did make a backup and retried it, still didnt work. will let you know how this one fares for me

*update*
    This one works!! Thanks for the help man, really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Hybrid4830; 05-25-2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Update to the post

Global Posts
    6,659 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

No problem ,,,glad it worked for ya

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default Re: CM7 with google apps problems

do you ad the file to the root of the card and install it like you do the rom or just let the phone boot and it will start it automatically?

Global Posts
    6,659 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Default Re: CM7 with google apps problems

Quote Originally Posted by lowdwn169 View Post
    do you add the file to the root of the card and install it like you do the rom or just let the phone boot and it will start it automatically?
    Yup just install like the rom except no wipes needed
    Really after you flash the rom and before you leave CWM you can install the gapps then let phone reboot .
    But if you forget to flash the gapps(when you did Rom) then you can just put gapps on the root of sd card and flash it also