720p problems on sense roms

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
ok so my problem is that everytime i flash a sense rom my 720p plays choppy as hell. it's happened with skyraider 4.0 and warm z 2.2. i could record fine on both roms but when i play back it's choppy. now i flash cyanogenmod7 or ruby which both are asop roms they play fine. is there something im doing wrong? every time i flash a new rom i wipe cache 3x dalvik 3x and data/factory 3x. any ideas???? please help!!!as much as i love cyanogenmod i go back to sense roms for my 720p. thank you for your time.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
If you are storing the videos you've taken on your SD card then I would say that is likely the problem. You phone is working its butt off just trying to get the info from the SD to display in 720 but it just can't keep up. Try downloading one of the choppy videos to you computer and playing it from there.

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
If you are storing the videos you've taken on your SD card then I would say that is likely the problem. You phone is working its butt off just trying to get the info from the SD to display in 720 but it just can't keep up. Try downloading one of the choppy videos to you computer and playing it from there.

yeah but like i said the wierd thing is it plays back fine when i'm on cyanogenmod or ruby rom and both are asop roms?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Could be, and this is pure speculation, that since those ROMS are "senseless " the CPU isn't already busy running sense in the background. I know some people consider sense to be a big resource hog and that is why they prefer AOSP ROMS or just vanilla ROMS.

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
dont recall stock giving me this issue.....hum......gonna try later today to go back to stock and see if it happens there