Question Before I Screw Something Up

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Saw on the front page of Android Central today that there is a security update to Flash out, and that Jerry recommends that all users update. My question is, is this still applicable to Custom ROM's such as CM7? I'm asking so I don't completely mess things up by installing this update and having something hard-linked to the old one and breaking everything. I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone went through something similar to get Hulu working. I don't have Hulu but no telling what changing to this new Flash will do to a non-stock ROM. I'd rather ask now and be sure than to just do it and have to restore a previous backup if it borks the phone.
Thanks!

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Saw on the front page of Android Central today that there is a security update to Flash out, and that Jerry recommends that all users update. My question is, is this still applicable to Custom ROM's such as CM7? I'm asking so I don't completely mess things up by installing this update and having something hard-linked to the old one and breaking everything. I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone went through something similar to get Hulu working. I don't have Hulu but no telling what changing to this new Flash will do to a non-stock ROM. I'd rather ask now and be sure than to just do it and have to restore a previous backup if it borks the phone.
Thanks!

I just installed the new Flash update on my Dinc running CM7 and haven't had any problems. But do a nandroid backup foist just to be sure.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Any ROM with hulu embedded will likely have problems updating Flash. Since most of the AOSP ROMS (including CM7) don't have hulu embedded then you should be OK.

If hulu was embedded and you can't update Flash, get on your Dev and let them know they need to update this.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It's just an app. Regardless of what ROM or device you are on, doesn't matter. Updates for flash are the same as any other app you have ever installed from the Market.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for the responses, thats why I asked. I wasn't sure if any other apps besides Hulu would break with this update. I did the backup and installed the update and it seems fine. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12