need to get calendar out of backup

jackjamieson

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed skyraider 4.0 and its awesome there is just one thing, I need the calendar from my old stock rom I came from. Is there any way to get just that information so I can manually put it in again or will I have to restore to it. Also will it even be there?

jackjamieson

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I should have had it synced but I didnt it was only set to PC sync so basically it was only stored on my phones memory and no where else. Would it have been saved in the backup?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes - it's in your Nandroid. I would make a Nandroid of what you have now. Then recover back to where you were, sync to your PC then sync to Gmail and then don't worry about syncing to the PC again. They recover back to sky raider and it will magically appear!

Happy flashing!

jackjamieson

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! Just one more thing if I go into hboot and backup will it back up over another backup I've already done or should i go through rom manager?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can do it in recovery or ROM Manager whichever is more comfortable, but I prefer recovery. Recovery will put a unique date/time stamp on your recovery so the other one will not be overwritten.

jackjamieson

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to keep asking things but I want to make sure I don't mess anything up. I just wanted to make sure that I should wipe my phone before I do a restore?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can if you like, but there is no need to wipe before a restore - it will re-image what it needs to.

Of course if it does not work or if the restore is not stable then you should wipe and re-restore.

Reactions: jackjamieson