Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    944 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.8-985684

Default Installing a Custom ROM...

Looking as installing Infused 1.5.3 and was wondering if I do this, will it wipe my device clean or just override files and work like an upgrade?
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Default Re: Installing a Custom ROM...

When you go through the directions of installing it, make sure you check the section that says wipe delvick catch or something of that sort. Its in the directions on XDA. Thats will whipe your phone clean and do a fresh install.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanielnc89 View Post
    Looking as installing Infused 1.5.3 and was wondering if I do this, will it wipe my device clean or just override files and work like an upgrade?
    Once you get root access, download titanium backup, and back everything up before you flash the new rom. (Look up how on YouTube) I had no idea what I was doing, but backed up all my apps and game saves, maintained all pictures, songs, and videos. The only thing I lost was ALL my phone call/ stored messages.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    944 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.8-985684

Quote Originally Posted by Cory4ou View Post
    Once you get root access, download titanium backup, and back everything up before you flash the new rom. (Look up how on YouTube) I had no idea what I was doing, but backed up all my apps and game saves, maintained all pictures, songs, and videos. The only thing I lost was ALL my phone call/ stored messages.

I doubt I flash any rom then. I'm VERY ocd about things and I love having my stored messages.