Serendipity 7. A better GingerBread ROM!

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for AT&T to release Gingerbread is not worth it so I decided to install a ROM. I ended up going with Serendipity and I am truly amazed. This ROM is incredibly fast and so far everything is working great for me. I have yet to try video recording but I will probably do so in the next day or two. I am still checking things out but I am really happy with this move. :)

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Did you have Infused before? I'm trying to decide which one to try. I just got this phone.
No, this was the first time I have installed a ROM on my phone. It went very smooth and everything seems to be working great. I think Terrigno has used Infused before but I have not.

how's video recording with that rom?
As for video recording, that also appears to work just fine. I recorded a couple of small videos and the sound and video quality is good. I have not run into any problems thus far.

pts662005

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
This rom is awesome. Very happy with it. By the time AT&T releases Gingerbread, the next version will be out. I'm sticking with Serendipity 7. Thanks guys and hell of a job.

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I have run into a problem with Serendipity and it is somewhat big. For some reason whenever anyone calls me my phone attempts to ring and then loses the call. The person calling is hearing the phone ringing through their handset but my phone is doing nothing. Then just before it gives up it looks like my Infuse is about to start ringing and it drops the call. No warning or nothing. I have tested this from several other phones and it does not seem to matter what I try. I called my wife and the first time it disconnected after 3 seconds on the call. The next time I was able to stay on for 15 seconds. I am going to check XDA but has anyone else run into this with Serendipity? I never had any phone problems when on the stock OS.

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
This might be the problem. I did restore apps + data and according to a couple of posts here that is what might have cause the problem. Funny thing is I was a bit concerned about restoring data that this ROM would not like but it seemed to go so well.

Has anyone else here restored apps + data and had no phone calling problems?

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Problem solved! :) It was definitely the fact that I had restored apps + data from my backup through Titanium. I re-flashed Serendipity today and this time just restored apps. I was selective too so I made sure no system apps tried to come back (since they are already a part of the ROM). I did restore some data for a couple of very specific apps but that was it. The process was flawless. I must say this entire process from start to finish beats BlackBerry updating/formatting hands down. I was a longtime BB supporter before moving to Android in August and I could not be happier. :)

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
That's good Mbn, I just did the ROM last night from stock. It took me longer to backup than to update to Dipity haha! The only reason it went smoothly is because I read EVERY post in Mikeymike's XDA Dipity thread. But all that lead me to Gtg's Q&A page on installing his Infused rom but the same applied to Dipity. Battery is AMAZING! left it alone last night at 43% woke up at 34%!!! (mind you I have all same apps widgets, etc updated on Dipity) The night before doing this was at 23% but forgot to charge it. Woke up and it was dead! Talk about a game changer. I love this ROM so far. No hiccups. the 15 fps video recording can last me til the official AT&T GB update. It really isn't that bad from what everyone is saying. I'll be nice and post a how-to.

*edit Best part is, already being rooted, I flashed this rom without even plugging it in to the computer:cool:
That beat my WinMo days easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: germis25

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
just an update, dipity running rock solid. didn't do anything I didn't expect it to. (ie first phone call is muted from reboot) Battery life is awesome. I charged it to 100% last night. Woke up at 93%. Used normal throughout the day. 8 phone calls/about 30sms back and forth, radio streaming to and from work on hspa+ , some youtube and playing with some live wallpapers and getting to know Dipity more. About to go to sleep with 38% left still while off charger for 15 hours 32mins. Which is crazy because that's usually where I'm at when I get home from work taking it off the charger in the morning with Froyo/stock rom. GB freakin rules! It also lists the apps and system resources draining the battery. Too many good things to say.

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
This is definitely a very good ROM. There are so many positives to it and it really has made my Infuse that much better. Yesterday I did have two dropped calls and my signal was almost at 100%. I know it was my phone that dropped them because I was calling landline phones. Not sure if that will be a bigger problem yet, and hopefully not, but this ROM has been great!

Stonecold

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, the battery life on this is AMAZING.
Until yesterday, I would using SensatioN. I wake up at 6:20, unplug my phone and use it until 7:30 (a lot of data and text messages), and I would have about 90% left. Then, in school since I don't use it O:) it's mostly on standby (with a few texts here and there) but seriously I don't shut it off or anything. End of the day, around 2:30, I have 25% battery left. Since changing to dipity, same process today and I had 85% battery around 2:30.
If you really want a ROM that has amazing battery life, this is it.

will54880

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks. I just finished installing the Serandipity 7 ROM on my Infuse. Loving it!! One icon I noticed missing is the email client, the one other than GMail. I do have a hotmail account that I had sync with the android email app. Any way I can get this app back on my Infuse?

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks. I just finished installing the Serandipity 7 ROM on my Infuse. Loving it!! One icon I noticed missing is the email client, the one other than GMail. I do have a hotmail account that I had sync with the android email app. Any way I can get this app back on my Infuse?
You'll need to build a package from the following link and flash it just like you did the ROM. Just make sure to include Samsung Email and you will get the app.

Add-Ons - Serendipity Infuse

Reactions: will54880

devmaster

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I have a question, if I install a new rom through CWR, that is essentially the same as wiping all of the data off my phone right? (meaning currently installed apps, account settings/etc)

If that is the case, I have made a backup of my current rom via rom mgr, so if I don't like the new rom I installed do I just install rom mgr again and do a restore or what is the "rollback" method?

Last question, unrelated to xda roms... so when gingerbread is FINALLY released by AT&T, I have been told that it won't be an OTA update for the Infuse. AT&T rep at local retail store said I'd have to install the Kies app and get the update from there. Problem is, it doesnt look like Kies support the Infuse. So what's a fellow to do?

Thanks. Awesome job on all of your releases!

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I plan on flashing this ROM tonight or tomorrow (am currently on MIUI). Couple of questions:

-Can I flash this with MIUI on the phone, or should I go back to stock?
-If I can flash with MIUI on the phone, do I need to back up everything using TB, or will apps and data remain?

Main reason for wanting to give this ROM a shot is MIUI battery life sucks, and I can't use wifi tethering. Any input would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol