Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Is rooting equal to unlocking??
I know what rooting means, what it does and how one can customize the phone after rooting.
What Im unsure of is, if after rooting, can one use the device with other carrier SIM?
For example, Once I root my device, can I put a T-mobile sim in it and use it?? (like an unlocked phone).
Can I take it to India and use it with other SIM cards??
And if it is different, how does one go about doing it, thanks in advance :)

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Rooting the phone does not unlock it for different GSM providers. Although there are rooting techniques that can include unlocking the phone, it depends on who's process you're using. There's ways of extracting an unlock code. One way is using a hex editor and /dev/block/bml3 file or paid way with sending someone your IMEI code and having them send your unlock code. Any way you do it, once you have in a non-ATT sim on reboot, it will ask for an 8 digit code and if correct, you are unlocked and can use another service.

Here's links to a couple ways. Thanks to these posters.

Unlock Code Found Infuse 4G **Root Required** - xda-developers
-tried this because for me was simpler and already had these apps/programs. But unfortunately don't have said bml3 file for some reason. Don't need to be unlocked yet so I don't care.

[ HowTo ] Samsung Infuse 4g Free Unlock and Root on all O/S's - xda-developers
-too lazy to try this method

I'd advise to read through the threads and see about any issues you may encounter.

Reactions: Invincible Madness

Goneeuro

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I paid a web site like 20 bucks. Sent them my imei and an hour later got my unlock code. Now I live in Germany and have used t-mobile germay and base as carriers. No issues what so ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress