Wanting to try Gingerbread!

mcdanielnc89

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I've been with Android for two months now and have yet to attempt to install anything leaked. It's not that I'm afraid to brick my phone. It's that I don't want to lose all of my SMS messages, contacts, etc when I do it. With BlackBerry, I could do a full backup with EVERYTHING and just restore it after I had flashed new firmware.

What I am saying is what can I do to backup everything like that of the blackberry so I don't lose my information like my contacts, sms messages, etc?

My next thing is with me never flashing custom roms or i think that's what you guys call it over here, where do I start? i want to run the gingerbread leaked rom as I'm tired of waiting for AT&T. Would using the Serendipity VII (the hold my hand thread) be the best way to go?

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
try the app MyBackup. Looks like it will backup/restore all you ask. I may change to that on my S7 thread. You may as well wait now that an unofficial GB has been leaked. It may alleviate a lot of kinks in the current Roger's based GB released on custom roms. Although it looks like our good friend at XDA Gtg has included some fixes from the leak onto his Infused rom. Not 2.3.5 though which would require a whole new build which is why you should wait. Pretty sure they're working hard at it as well as other things. Donations to the devs surely help as well;)

Here's Gtg's thread if you want to take a look
[ROM] Infused v2.2.3 - (09/23) - xda-developers

Reactions: mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Awesome... By chance if I don't see them leak the gingerbread for At&T and they do, if you remember this thread, reply to it? :) Thanks by the way!

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't clarify in my earlier response. The leak is out already for AT&T GB. Just wait for the devs to have fun with it and build new roms. May take a couple weeks but will be worth it.

Reactions: mcdanielnc89

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma