Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Serendipity VII Swype

So today I went to swype and it told me it won't work until I do an update. Well Swype being integrated as a service makes it so you can't uninstall it to install the Beta App. In case anyone else is having this problem, it is pretty easy to fix:

1) Settings -> Locale and Text; Uncheck Swype AND click Select Input Method and choose Android Keyboard

2) Reboot!

3) Download Titanium Backup Manager (free) if you don't have it.

4) Settings -> Applications -> Manage; Select "All" tab; Scroll Down to Swype. Click Force Stop; Click Clear Data

5) Open Titanium Backup Manager; Click Backup/Restore tab; Scroll down to Swype, click it; Click Un-Install; Confirm warnings (make sure the package it says it is uninstalling is Swype.apk)

6) Reboot!

7) Reinstall Swype using directions here: https://beta.swype.com/android/welcome/detailed/

Note: I wrote the guide after doing this, but I'm pretty sure it includes all of the steps I took. If you have problems let me know.

Inspiration: Swype not working on rooted 2.2 - Android Forums
    (Post by Sarius24)
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Serendipity VII Swype

This worked for me. Thank you!