MIUI on Infuse

Stonecold

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Took me two trials and a re-root, but finally got it! Remember to follow the directions carefully lol
Otherwise, it's really nice. Snappy and beautiful

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I agree, this ROM is amazingly customizable and battery life is whoa. Just installed last night. When took off charger this morning, stayed on 100% for almost 4 hours until I finally started using it did it drop one percent in 5 mins of usage. Thanks to Mikeymike. Another donation well given.

I did have an issue flashing this though. It would be best to have community kernel on before flashing this rom. I came from an infusion kernal that didn't go so well and had to reflash UCKE3 to stock rooted. Flashed community kernel, booted in to red cwm and flashed this rom once. all was well in my world. What a wonderful learning experience. Now I know what zips (esp modified 3e recovery for the future) to have stored in my internal sd. I may stay on this for a while. My poor nandroid backup of S7 may not see the light of day :'(

mizz lia

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
ima flash this rom right now this will be my second attempt at flashin a rom the first i knew what i did wrong that ended in me brickin my phone hopefully this time i make no mistakes so excited

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So...I've noticed they language (for instance when charging) is in Korean (I'm guessing). And that's only the word charging. Screenshots I've seen show charging in English. Anyone else seen this and know how to fix it?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this looks really nice. How is Bluetooth for anyone that has tried it yet with this ROM? I see, according to the XDA thread, that is the only issue that I would be concerned with. I have already tried Serendipity and Infused (I am now on Infused) and both have been great. Some of the customizations in MIUI look much better though. I might try this one out if Bluetooth is improved. :)

Stonecold

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this looks really nice. How is Bluetooth for anyone that has tried it yet with this ROM? I see, according to the XDA thread, that is the only issue that I would be concerned with. I have already tried Serendipity and Infused (I am now on Infused) and both have been great. Some of the customizations in MIUI look much better though. I might try this one out if Bluetooth is improved. :)

According to the OP, bluetooth will probably not be fixed until the official GB comes out from ATT (let's not even start talking about att and its lies)

Stonecold

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I though I looked there...I'll have to check again... Can you tell me where that setting might be?

Go to settings -> Themes -> Customize -> Lockscreen
From there, choose another lockscreen from local, go to the online lockscreen and download a new one, or go to miuithemes.com and manually d/l and push it to ur infuse from the comp

mizz lia

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
i must say miui is very nice and my battery life i love i took the phone off the charger this morning at 7:30 i just put it back on the charger at 7pm and been on it all day with texting twitter google+ calls emails Lia is happy and i will probably keep this rom everything went smoothly with flashing it especially flashing my first rom ever im new to this android stuff but im learning everyday and in love

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
i must say miui is very nice and my battery life i love i took the phone off the charger this morning at 7:30 i just put it back on the charger at 7pm and been on it all day with texting twitter google+ calls emails Lia is happy and i will probably keep this rom everything went smoothly with flashing it especially flashing my first rom ever im new to this android stuff but im learning everyday and in love

I've had horrible battery life with this rom...matter of fact, I'm contemplating flashing either Infused or Serendipity tonight because of it.

mizz lia

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Really have u gave it time or try re flashing .... I heard infused have very good battery life ppl say

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Really have u gave it time or try re flashing .... I heard infused have very good battery life ppl say

I've been running the ROM for 2 weeks now, I think thats plenty of time. By 12:00, 1:00 my battery is down to 40-50%. I pull the phone off the charge at 8. I had better battery life running stock.

Stonecold

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been running the ROM for 2 weeks now, I think thats plenty of time. By 12:00, 1:00 my battery is down to 40-50%. I pull the phone off the charge at 8. I had better battery life running stock.
agreed. On stand by, battery life is fine, but once you start using the phone, even for just texting battery starts going down like crazy. I remembered that dipity had really good battery life so I tried going back to it last night, but I messed up so I'm on stock right now.

Reactions: kcrandall758

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
agreed. On stand by, battery life is fine, but once you start using the phone, even for just texting battery starts going down like crazy. I remembered that dipity had really good battery life so I tried going back to it last night, but I messed up so I'm on stock right now.

I haven't decided which one I want to flash, dipity or infused. Battery life is a big thing for me, as I'm a heavy user... I've heard good things about both. might try dipity first.

Garen21

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
this ROM made me forget I wanted the SGS2. my only issue with it is not being able to use 480x800 wallpaper.

My only issue is not having an "Applications" button like in touchwiz, all the apps are just in the home screens. Reminds me too much of the Iphone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12