rom flashing problems w/ Infuse

captemo1

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
root seemed to go fine, in fact i unrooted and rooted again thinking i did something wrong.

i keep getting message " error unable to verify signature". running titanium and ROM manager and followed very closely directions from tutoral on youtube. best and clearest one i could find.

i am a newbie with droid and kind of a technical dullard. was following youtube on installing infused.

help!!!

joe1987

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
root seemed to go fine, in fact i unrooted and rooted again thinking i did something wrong.

i keep getting message " error unable to verify signature". running titanium and ROM manager and followed very closely directions from tutoral on youtube. best and clearest one i could find.

i am a newbie with droid and kind of a technical dullard. was following youtube on installing infused.

help!!!

As a newbie, an idea is read, read and read in the Android & Windows Phone: Tablets, Apps, & ROMs @ xda-developers the forums are broken down by make model of phones, it is wealth of knowledge I have learn so much...good luck.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Installed Infused v2.2.3 today. Had a problem the first time, because I didn't delete data/wipe cache. It actually caused me to lose my status bar. So I repeated the process, this time wiping data/cache. Up and running and loving it so far. Performance is good. Phone is snappy.

captemo1

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
i have attempted to follow the video suggested by lavman72. i started over foloowing every detail. i get stuck at root explorer due to the fact that my screen shots through the procedures are different than his. example- his starts with sd card (yes) external sd card (yes), then go to recovery.....mine does not show.
he goes further (but i dont) to a read/write button at the top??? his reflect this button throughout tnis explorer, mine doesnt.
he talks about renaming the file then pasting. i cant rename, so i dont attempt to paste.
fear of going any further.

he also talks prior to this application (at the end of the first rooting on computer) bout opening up windows and dragging a recovery file??? tutoral does not explain anything bout that??? could that make differrence?

am i just too dumb for this?????

captemo1

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
i am stumped, no matter what i try, slight variances in what many tutorals will say. i cant figure out why roms wont load.
all i keep getting is the "unable to verify signature" ????
am i doing the kies wrong?
is it just supposed to be installed on computer?
have i downloaded zips from wrong place?
did i or am i supposed to extract the zips?
i have gone through so many tutorals inch by inch, i dont know who to trust
one mentions opening recovery through windows?
am i getting outdated files downloaded?
have unrooted now but if someone has a solid trustworthy source with basically a "rooting for idiots" guide....again though, phone seemed to root fine, just cant get roms to kick in.

captemo1

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
@ Cranky, i have gone or attempted to go through step by step. couple things the tutoral didnt explain, but figured out (i think). however when i get into the root explorer, i still only get the r/o box at top. i dont get the read/ write box. so at that point i am able to copy and rename.

should i try and reinstall root explorer, see if i get same result???

getting CRANKY myself

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
Root with SuperOneClick 1.9.

Go to the market download Rom Manager

Open Rom Manager, Top option says Flash ClockworkMod, touch to run.

Next menu Confirm Phone, choose: Samsung GalaxyS i9000

Let it install

captemo1

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
i have super one click 2.3.3 and i have done everything else several times. what i keep getting is that "unable to verify signature" message.

noticed there are others with same problem.
tutorals suggest you may have to hit the reinstall more than once and i have. sometimes 3 or 4 times to no avail......unable to verify

captemo1

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
going through all turals and forums again to figure this out
one thing difference i have noticed......

all tutorals say root phone then go to market for apps ( titanium, manager and explorer), i downloaded all those first before root.

could this for some bizaare reason be why i am having issues???

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't like 2.3.3, I like 1.9 for unrooted Infuse running Froyo.

Attached you'll find a zipped Community kernel 8.

Unzip and you'll find Odin and a PDA_Community_Voodoo_Kernel_v8.tar.md5

Boot the Infuse into download mode.

Run Odin, the infuse should show up on the left as a com#.

Click the PDA button and load the community kernel.tar.md5

Now click start, it should flash the new kernel.

During reboot let it do it's thing.

Boot to recovery, if it's not red recovery, do the reinstall a couple of times.

That should do it.

captemo1

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
boy, u must think i actually know what i am doing lol
heard some iffy things about Odin.
are you sure that if i can actually pull this off my phone is not going to melt?

can i still download SOC 1.9 ?
and if i can, do u think i can do this by all the other recommended methods?
is this just a method you are suggesting for the 2.3.3 ?

quite honestly, your suggestion is pretty intimidating for me, gulp

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't like 2.3.3, I like 1.9 for unrooted Infuse running Froyo.

Attached you'll find a zipped Community kernel 8.

Unzip and you'll find Odin and a PDA_Community_Voodoo_Kernel_v8.tar.md5

Boot the Infuse into download mode.

Run Odin, the infuse should show up on the left as a com#.

Click the PDA button and load the community kernel.tar.md5

Now click start, it should flash the new kernel.

During reboot let it do it's thing.

Boot to recovery, if it's not red recovery, do the reinstall a couple of times.

That should do it.

What don't you like about 2.3.3? Just curious, as I am running that and love it. No issues whatsoever.

captemo1

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
well that did nothing Cranky.
tried it 3 times. once i hit start, processing seemed to go less than a second, then it would stop at "setting up connection".
last time i let it sit for bout 30 minutes, but system never rebooted on its own. so i never got the recovery in red thing.
was that supposed to work with the SOC 2.3.3 or should i have erased that and downloaded the 1.9?

should i just erase and unboot evrything and start over step by step, inch by inch?

captemo1

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
throughout process it was showing....
install md5 success and everything else ok, again i let it sit and never rebooted. when i finally unplugged cable it would say.....success 0/ failed 1
????