Odin says successful but stuck on att reboot loop

thithologyqueen

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Used the Odin method to update my phone at work yesterday and it worked fine. Tried to update my husbands tonight on our laptop (64 bit). Odin says successful but stuck on att reboot loop. Found out after the fact that he had antivirus that I didn't know about. I've run Odin 5 times.

Is it not working because it's a 64 bit?
Or is it bc of the Antivirus?

If I try it on my work pc think it will update correctly?

Is there anything I can do other than factory reset so he doesn't lose all his info?

I've read some people say to go into 3e recovery and wipe data/reset factory settings but will that take everything off or just trigger the reboot?

Please help - save my marriage :) He is not happy right now.

robjob19

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Please Help!!!

yeah you'll have to follow that youtube video - when prompted you do not need to delete all the data but you'll have a corrupted device and a bunch of the apps won't work but you _may_ be able to get to the data if you're lucky. not really an expert here just trying to help.

and i know it's kinda a pain to reinstall the apps/data but you should be able to easily reinstall the apps via the android market in your browser.

and tell your husband not to be such a noob

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Used the Odin method to update my phone at work yesterday and it worked fine. Tried to update my husbands tonight on our laptop (64 bit). Odin says successful but stuck on att reboot loop. Found out after the fact that he had antivirus that I didn't know about. I've run Odin 5 times.

Is it not working because it's a 64 bit?
Or is it bc of the Antivirus?

If I try it on my work pc think it will update correctly?

Is there anything I can do other than factory reset so he doesn't lose all his info?

I've read some people say to go into 3e recovery and wipe data/reset factory settings but will that take everything off or just trigger the reboot?

Please help - save my marriage :) He is not happy right now.
I use a 64 bit win 7 and I have never had any issues with Odin. I would try it again.

Hoehey

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
If you are able to get into recovery hit the "Clear Cache" option... Or something like that, happened to me a bunch of times.

After that flash again using Odin. Should work.

Also, next time backup your phone using Titanium Backup.
Google might have made a back up of all the Apps you downloaded, not to sure on that though.