Infuse HELP!!!!!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ok odin will always fail (well 99% of the time) if you have the battery in. before I give you detailed instructions on what to do, I need to know what you were trying to do.

Were you installing new ROM? Rooting? let me know and I will give you the step by step on how to fix it

gypstqueen

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Trying to root it and get the bloat ware off but at the time he was just trying to do a factory reset like restoring it from the gingerbread 2.3. whatever update

Sent from my LG-P505 using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
ok so lets go with a rooted stock ROM. I take no real credit, the credit is jscott30 over on xda. I am just relaying it to you and making it easier.

first download this: Dev-Host - UCLB3_Unbrick_root_1.1.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

now the instructions:

1.) Download and extract the zip package.

2.) Place phone in download mode. Make sure odin is open first, then remove battery, put back in, hold both volume keys in, and plug in usb cord.

3.) If needed, install latest Samsung USB drivers by installing Samsung Kies from HERE. you said you have them. if not install them from Transfer, Sync & Manage Music, Movies, Photos, Contacts and Calendars with Kies

4.) Open the included Odin exe.

5.) If phone is detected, the window under ID:COM will turn yellow.

6.) Click on "PIT" to browse to and select infuse_gb.pit. Make sure that Re-Partition is selected.

7.) Click on "PDA" to browse to and select PDA_UCLB3.tar.md5.

8.) Click on "PHONE" to browse to and select PHONE_UCLB3.tar.md5.

9.) Click on "Start", and allow Odin to flash the phone. Do not unplug or power off the phone until Odin is finished.

10.) When the Odin dialogue reads "PASS!", the phone should reboot into the stock UCLB3 Setup Wizard.

Reactions: MAJORsavagee_x

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
well it is gonna depend on how f'd up it was from the first attempt that you tried. I am going to take a guess and say that if it was screwed up, when it grabbed the pit file, it wouldn't match with the phone and would have failed right there. I think you are ok.

is it moving at all?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
well if that file I gave you flashes properly, you will be rooted.

The file you are flashing is the original file, but with root added. You will be able to take the bloatware off by uninstalling it without issue. Just be sure you know what files are safe to remove