- 9 Posts
I Bricked it
I recently tried to upgrade to the latest jelly bean OS using the slim_G rom.
Everything went well until I tested the actual cell part of the phone. i was getting no AT&T signal. I assume that was because AT&T doesnt support Jelly Bean.
So I removed the ROM & in the process I ran into some problems. The phone would say failed to mount /dbdata file....
After a while it eventually stopped working completely.
I have a new one arriving today.
I still want to upgrade because all ATT supports is gingerbread 2.3.
Can anyone recommend the upgrade rom that work with AT&T & possibly explain what might have happened to the old phone?
- 10-19-2012, 09:22 PM #2
Re: I Bricked it
Sounds like you didn't follow the proper steps. Like installing ICS first and possibly removing an external SD card.
To return to stock GB Click Here
Sounds like your IMEI may have gotten messed up. Did you back up your EFS folder per the OP for installing JB?
- By ryan_coldfeet in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 05-13-2011, 04:39 PM
- By AnthonyAvila88 in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 04-28-2011, 11:56 PM
- By JonBryant in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 03-02-2011, 05:00 PM
- By EyeizMarzi in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 30Last Post: 12-21-2010, 02:29 PM
- By nuker2guy in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 20Last Post: 11-22-2010, 08:50 PM