1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Default Hoping for UMA

So, UMA is kind of a big deal for me. I know most people don't use it, but I would be way better off signal wise if I could. I couldn't find anything in searches regarding this, so I hope it hasn't been covered!

So, here's what I kinow: UMA can be turned on/off via software...eg Rogers(my carrier) released blackberrys recently that can't utilize UMA until they get an upgrade in the future.
    The Infuse on Rogers doesn't support UMA.
    The Evo 3D on Rogers does.
    Both run gingerbread.

What I dont know: is there anything hardware related required for UMA?
    If not, and all I need is regular wifi, is it a matter of getting Rogers to turn it on, or(and I hope dearly), can I somehow acquire an apk from a Rogers Evo 3D and enable it?

Or is it much more complex than either of those options? Any help or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated. My account is already set up to allow UMA(as I used to have a blackberry that did support it) so I assume Rogers doesn't need to turn anything else on assuming the software allowed UMA connectivity.

Thanks!!

Default Re: Hoping for UMA

I'm with you. Best part is I do have access to some EVO 3Ds which could change our fortunes.

What I need to know is how to access the /system folder and specifically which files to pull (I can try and figure that one out). If you know how to do the former without rooting the phones, it would help to share that knowledge.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Default Re: Hoping for UMA

sadly I don't, but now that I know someone who's willing to try it i'll look into it. Hopefully I can back to you shortly