Zeus ZTR

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, it's finally out. Anybody load it up yet? I'm running Zeus v6, and don't really want to have to go back to Stock so curious if anybody just loaded it after wiping data/cache.

From the pictures posted, it looks great. Will load it up when I get home tonight.

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
OK, it's finally out. Anybody load it up yet? I'm running Zeus v6, and don't really want to have to go back to Stock so curious if anybody just loaded it after wiping data/cache.

From the pictures posted, it looks great. Will load it up when I get home tonight.
I flashed it earlier today and haven't had any issues with it. My wife has the Infuse as well and says that her batter life is better since I flashed ZTR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
More to come on this, but I flashed it last night. No problems with flashing, pretty smooth process. So far, it's running pretty smoothly. There's a lot of customization. A lot! Honestly, it may be too much to be honest. The biggest downside to this ROM is that the Developer has moved on to another Device. So the lack of support is a concern.

It's snappy. Really snappy. No problems with lag or anything.
No SOD so far.
Customization. This thing has so much flexibility and settings. Honestly, it's going to take some time to figure them all out.

Dislikes:
No themes yet. Hope you like blue.
No further development support...yet.
Customization. Without some documentation to go along with all the customization, it's going to be quite daunting to go through everything and learn what they do. Not impossible, but there's tons of stuff in there.

westshotgun

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I was kinda disappointed in ZTR. I thought it would be killer build but there are few known issues (bt not working, first call sound error after boot). Also there was some strange red-blue-ornage color shown when I hit power button times to time, unlock screen showing the previous state before it was locked, the color of time on status bar not staying after change. etc... I always start from clean state before flashing (GTG unbrick + factory reset) and flashed ZTR about 3 times last night but still same bugs so I gave up on ZTR.

I would have kept Zeus 6 if there is no SOD problem... Zeus 6 was just perfect and surprisingly stable but SOD killed it for me. I experienced only 4 SOD since I installed Zeus 6 for past 3 weeks , which isn't that bad but still I hate SOD. Funny, the most perfect Zeus build I used was 5.2... I haven't had single problems on Zeus 5.2. I was considering go back to Zeus 5.2 but heard official stock GB was out so I went back to stock GB today :p

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I was kinda disappointed in ZTR. I thought it would be killer build but there are few known issues (bt not working, first call sound error after boot). Also there was some strange red-blue-ornage color shown when I hit power button times to time, unlock screen showing the previous state before it was locked, the color of time on status bar not staying after change. etc... I always start from clean state before flashing (GTG unbrick + factory reset) and flashed ZTR about 3 times last night but still same bugs so I gave up on ZTR.

I would have kept Zeus 6 if there is no SOD problem... Zeus 6 was just perfect and surprisingly stable but SOD killed it for me. I experienced only 4 SOD since I installed Zeus 6 for past 3 weeks , which isn't that bad but still I hate SOD. Funny, the most perfect Zeus build I used was 5.2... I haven't had single problems on Zeus 5.2. I was considering go back to Zeus 5.2 but heard official stock GB was out so I went back to stock GB today :p

Dman admitted that the clock color in the status bar not staying the color you set it as is a known issue with the Jakay mod. As for the Bluetooth not working, that is false. I just used it in fact. If it is not working with your phone it may be due to a bad flash.

As for you disliking or being disappointedwith ZTR... I'mreally not going to dispute that with you because it all comes down to personal preference. I love this ROM and I feel like Dman has out done himself.

Sent from my ZTR powered Infuse :D

westshotgun

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Meh... I don't hate ZTR. I just expected so much from it but it just failed to satisfy. Like I said... I think Zeus 6 or 5.2 is more stable... at least for me. All phone and people are different. Some may love ZTR and Some may disappoint with ZTR...

And bt and audio problem are 2 known issues. Dman said he will fix audio problem when he got time, but he's not going to fix bt. BT is working on car but bt audio(headsets, stereo etc) isn't working. There are handful of ppl asking about why bt is not working on forum, so it is not false...

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Meh... I don't hate ZTR. I just expected so much from it but it just failed to satisfy. Like I said... I think Zeus 6 or 5.2 is more stable... at least for me. All phone and people are different. Some may love ZTR and Some may disappoint with ZTR...

And bt and audio problem are 2 known issues. Dman said he will fix audio problem when he got time, but he's not going to fix bt. BT is working on car but bt audio(headsets, stereo etc) isn't working. There are handful of ppl asking about why bt is not working on forum, so it is not false...

I confirmed just last night that I was unable to synch up with my wireless bluetooth speaker. Bummer. I really utilized that functionality quite a bit. Paired with the Google music cloud app...very nice.

gmaggie

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Flashed ZTR successfully this afternoon, but when I tried to flash the ICS theme from Zeus 6, I got a boot loop and had to restore the *very* blue ZTR theme. Does anyone know if there's a compatible ICS theme out yet, and if so, where I can find it? I tried a few threads on XDA, but aside from wish lists, there didn't seem to be much happening.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Flashed ZTR successfully this afternoon, but when I tried to flash the ICS theme from Zeus 6, I got a boot loop and had to restore the *very* blue ZTR theme. Does anyone know if there's a compatible ICS theme out yet, and if so, where I can find it? I tried a few threads on XDA, but aside from wish lists, there didn't seem to be much happening.

What you see is what you get. No published or supported themes other than what comes with the Rom. If you are looking for additional themes and ongoing dev support try the Emancipation Rom.

Reactions: gmaggie

gmaggie

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
What you see is what you get. No published or supported themes other than what comes with the Rom. If you are looking for additional themes and ongoing dev support try the Emancipation Rom.

Excellent advice - flashed Emancipation with the Tame Blue theme - 2.5 days with battery remaining and gorgeous theme. Thank you x 1 million. :-*

Rhamza

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Zeus 5.2 was amazing, I kind of like v6 and disliked ZTR. It was snappy and worked well...but it just wasn't what I was looking for with the dile pad and the color...and the ugly icons...it worked well but those things just put me off completely and I don't want to use Go launcher ontop of a great app like ZTR...just wish there would have been an ICS theme or something other than all blue.

I decided to try out a few Roms and I eventually went to emancipation.

Live Free1

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Can anybody provide a viable downlad link for zeus ztr? ive been looking every where and i cant seem to find it. pleaase and thank you in advance.