[How to] Root Samsung Infuse **5/19/11**[Windows & Mac]Now with GingerSnap!!

wheeliesandstuff

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Need some help I cant get this to work on either route. It gives me my phone serial number and goes through the process of pushing everything but when I type in the /data/local/Gingerbreak it says not found. Any solutions

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Need some help I cant get this to work on either route. It gives me my phone serial number and goes through the process of pushing everything but when I type in the /data/local/Gingerbreak it says not found. Any solutions

Change the b in Gingerbreak to B = GingerBreak

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

wheeliesandstuff

May 17, 2011
Visit site
<------------Everyone point and laugh at the Newb!!! lol Great advice if I would have followed directions the first time...........Everything is good thanks for the help!!!
Gixxer1000

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
<------------Everyone point and laugh at the Newb!!! lol Great advice if I would have followed directions the first time...........Everything is good thanks for the help!!!
Gixxer1000

From what I've seen so far (I'm a newbie myself), people here are happy to help... and won't be rude or condescending unless you take that tone first. Welcome!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Gixxer1000

From what I've seen so far (I'm a newbie myself), people here are happy to help... and won't be rude or condescending unless you take that tone first. Welcome!

Yup no one is pointing or laughing, infact i had made that mistake aswell when i wrote the tutorial. Mistakes happen newb or not.

Congrats on root :D

kosherdil34

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Using a Mac

Okay, I have check and read as much as I can, but I am not able to root my Infuse.
I have a mac and I have tried everything. I downloaded Mono but i could not get it to work, I tried the root.unlock and could not get it setup.

Can someone please give me a walk through.. I am an old iphone user and I have switched over.... My iphone was Jailbroken....

Help me out

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I have check and read as much as I can, but I am not able to root my Infuse.
I have a mac and I have tried everything. I downloaded Mono but i could not get it to work, I tried the root.unlock and could not get it setup.

Can someone please give me a walk through.. I am an old iphone user and I have switched over.... My iphone was Jailbroken....

Help me out

Ill work on a mac tutorial later tonight

llckll

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to master reset the samsung infuse? Need to bring it back to factory settings. After I rooted it, me swype stopped working. Also can someone send me the build.prop file default settings?

I reset my phone under settings and privacy but that didn't do a complete reset.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to master reset the samsung infuse? Need to bring it back to factory settings. After I rooted it, me swype stopped working. Also can someone send me the build.prop file default settings?

I reset my phone under settings and privacy but that didn't do a complete reset.

like i said ill work on an unroot , but root itself should not effect swype whatsoever

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]Mac Directions have been added to Post #5 , Please dont crucify if temrinal setup isnt on point. as i dont own a Mac. simply post your problems here and help shall come[/NOTE]​

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Unroot batch file download:

How to Unroot

AWESOME!!!

Bookmarked the permalink for these instructions - thank you!

Question: I ended up using SuperOneClick to unroot (not either of the methods you posted above). Would your unrooting method posted here work for me? Or I would have to use a different method because I used SuperOneClick to root?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC