Ingress beta invites

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my invite on new years... had applied 3 days before on both sites, but what really got me the invite was to Post creative artwork on their Google Plus community with the tagged #ingressinvite... I submitted about 5 different pieces in 3 days and they finally noticed me...

This isn't something you can ask for and get an invite... you need to earn it if you want in immediately... thats only by getting noticed and showing them you want it bad...

When trying to get the invite I was pissed because they weren't sending me one and I had submitted 4 different things already... but when I finally got the invite on my 5th submission and thought about it... I think I was lucky to get it in just 3 days... people have been waiting for weeks and months...

Bottom line... go there and post good artwork... if its a good idea they will acknowledge it and give you your invite...

Good luck...!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Q

CynepMEH

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been waiting for an invite for more than 45 days now...decided to take my faith in my own hands... #ingressinvite

however you can be a part of my faith by showing me the way to my destiny...if you have a spare!

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Work for a heta invite where I must play/work for free? Interesting. LOL. Not sayin it aint true, just kinda messed up.

Sent from my SGH-T889

Its not in my opinion... its very smart on the devs part... since its a beta they very choosy who they give the invite to so they sure the person will actually use it and give feedback...
Similarly if you get something for free, you have no respect for it, vs if you work for it yourself you cherish it... similar to living at your parents house you take all your goodies for granted... once you move out and earn yourself your like damn... this ain't easy...

Anyway as I said, its helping them get great ideas to expand their software and improve gmaps... and I'm pretty sure will soon start merchandising... even my idea got dozens of requests for people wanting to buy if I start selling... so all in all... genius by the dev team... and not too hard for people looking to score a invite... I still have plenty ideas, no longer need the invite tho... everything I submitted maximum needed some editing using MS Paint... or some household items and a camera...

Elouis3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I love ARGs, puzzle quests, and geocaching/letterboxing. This game sounds like an incorporation of all three! I would greatly appreciate an invite, if anyone has extras. Thanks!

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Its not in my opinion... its very smart on the devs part... since its a beta they very choosy who they give the invite to so they sure the person will actually use it and give feedback...
Similarly if you get something for free, you have no respect for it, vs if you work for it yourself you cherish it... similar to living at your parents house you take all your goodies for granted... once you move out and earn yourself your like damn... this ain't easy...

Anyway as I said, its helping them get great ideas to expand their software and improve gmaps... and I'm pretty sure will soon start merchandising... even my idea got dozens of requests for people wanting to buy if I start selling... so all in all... genius by the dev team... and not too hard for people looking to score a invite... I still have plenty ideas, no longer need the invite tho... everything I submitted maximum needed some editing using MS Paint... or some household items and a camera...

Totally agree. Asking here in this thread is borderline useless. Apply for yourself at Niantic Project, and submit whatever you can dream up for artwork on Google+. If you don't know what you should submit, start looking at other peoples artwork for some inspiration. The reason I say it's borderline useless, it because it is VERY rare that anyone actually playing HAS an invite to give out! Although none of these got noticed/recognized as submissions, I still got my invite just by applying.
12 4 12 1 - YouTube
I had actually given up and begging for an invite about a month ago, then I happened to check my email last weekend, and there was my activation code. Note that once you are accepted you do not enter your code into the app, so I really think it's pointless trying to hack in a code. I think codes are email specific, although I could be wrong....and they look something like this, so probably not that easy to break either: ACTIVATION CODE: D28YKRV2I ......not a real code.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree. Asking here in this thread is borderline useless. Apply for yourself at Niantic Project, and submit whatever you can dream up for artwork on Google+. If you don't know what you should submit, start looking at other peoples artwork for some inspiration. The reason I say it's borderline useless, it because it is VERY rare that anyone actually playing HAS an invite to give out! Although none of these got noticed/recognized as submissions, I still got my invite just by applying.
12 4 12 1 - YouTube
I had actually given up and begging for an invite about a month ago, then I happened to check my email last weekend, and there was my activation code. Note that once you are accepted you do not enter your code into the app, so I really think it's pointless trying to hack in a code. I think codes are email specific, although I could be wrong....and they look something like this, so probably not that easy to break either: ACTIVATION CODE: D28YKRV2I ......not a real code.

Attachments

• 2012-11-24 08.37.56.jpg
    2012-11-24 08.37.56.jpg
    775 KB · Views: 10
  • 20BFE8~7.jpg
    20BFE8~7.jpg
    985.9 KB · Views: 10

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
12 4 12 1 - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

12 4 12 1 - YouTube

I disagree there... the activation codes are NOT email specific... I had to manually enter my email then put in the code... lots of people have different accounts... one personal and one random/work related... they don't always want to have personal emails used for things like that...

But having said that... most people I have read about... it takes 3-5 art submissions to get a code... took me 5 as well... and in just 3 days from when I heard of ingress for the first time...

So yes... Bottom line... begging is useless...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Bring a spare battery or battery pack while playing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy