Played a few days now and have some questions..

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
So I played the game all last weekend but this week it has been very wet and rainy where I live. Could anyone that's advanced a decent way through the game can tell me is there ever anything to do aside from walking around finding portas etc? With the weather the way it is it seems kind of short-sighted not to have a few different ways to interact within the game that doesn't involve traveling all over the place. Before anyone says get in the car and drive, that leads me into my second question. I live in a average sized city (pop 65,000ish) but it is very agriculture oriented. I find that more often then not portals are out in a field/orchard/other undeveloped area. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone else wonder if Google has thought about the issues that could arise from people trying to get close enough to a portal that's on private property? Final question, is there a way to tell if anyone else in my general area is also playing? I haven't come across any other players portals and noone has hacked mine so I'm kinda wondering if I'm all alone in my nexk of the woods. :)

All in all I have enjoyed the game for the short time I've played it, just sucks that it seems I'll have to wait for better weather to start enjoying it again.

GrapeApe

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
One thing you can do from anywhere is recharge the portals you have taken. You do that from inside the app. Other than that I just go around hacking all the portals I have taken when there isn't an enemy portal around. They still give you things. Usually better than when you hack the opposition.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I live in a average sized city (pop 65,000ish) but it is very agriculture oriented. I find that more often then not portals are out in a field/orchard/other undeveloped area. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone else wonder if Google has thought about the issues that could arise from people trying to get close enough to a portal that's on private property?

I believe the rules state that portals have to be on public-accessible land. Portals are submitted by users. So if there are portals on private property I'd report them and see if Google will remove them.

Final question, is there a way to tell if anyone else in my general area is also playing? I haven't come across any other players portals and noone has hacked mine so I'm kinda wondering if I'm all alone in my nexk of the woods. :)

Newbie myself, but under the COMM section at the bottom of your app, there's a FACTION tab. Any discussions within your own faction locally will appear there. I haven't done anything but fill up my XM bar so far, so I won't bother the upper-level players until I level up a bit, which should be easy since there are very few friendly portals (currently two are standing, but there were four this morning) around these parts and LOTS of hostile ones.

I don't think there are many Resistance players in my area, but that just makes it so I can level up faster, right? ;)

Tre Lawrence

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Having enemy players around helps with leveling up... to a degree. Hacking enemy portals does yield better rewards than hacking your own/your faction's.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Actually hacking your own faction's portals gives you more items. Hacking enemy portals gives 100 ap. Having enemies around allows you to take a day off and let them retake some areas. You then go bust up their work. Early game should be a trade of areas to level, for efficiency's sake.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Tre Lawrence

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Actually hacking your own faction's portals gives you more items. Hacking enemy portals gives 100 ap. Having enemies around allows you to take a day off and let them retake some areas. You then go bust up their work. Early game should be a trade of areas to level, for efficiency's sake.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Thanks for the clarification.