Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kronosthelodoftime
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ingress Forums

Guys, check out the official unofficial dedicated Ingress Forums! ingressfurums.cu.cc

Spread the word. It's time to pull the ammo out.
    Thanked by:
    jugg1es likes this.

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Ingress Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Kronosthelodoftime View Post
    Guys, check out the official unofficial dedicated Ingress Forums! ingressfurums.cu.cc

Spread the word. It's time to pull the ammo out.
    Ingressfurums ??? I think that site only has wookies

That (wookie furums) link redirects to some spam sites.

Correct URL is Ingress Forums • Index page which redirects to the same forum as Ingress Forums • Index page
    Although not much activity there... I think I would prefer to spend time on Google+ where all the action is...

Global Posts
    1,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Montigusto View Post
    That (wookie furums) link redirects to some spam sites.

Correct URL is Ingress Forums • Index page which redirects to the same forum as Ingress Forums • Index page
    Although not much activity there... I think I would prefer to spend time on Google+ where all the action is...
    I would stay away from any sites using the cu.cc or co.cc domain.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
    Thanked by:

Exclamation Re: Ingress Forums

Cheers for the tip, I didn't know about them, but a little bit of research reveals all...

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    cc.cc, co.cc, cu.cc
    They are not official hierarchies; they are domains owned by companies who offer free subdomain registration.

co.cc
    The CO.CC company offered two free co.cc subdomains, as well as bulk discounts for ordering as many as 15,000 domain names at a time. These domains have been used by spammers to create spam blogs, or "splogs," often with nonsense names like "extensitiesdiminutal.co.cc" and the like but all registrants were in fact subject to a terms of service prohibiting standard illegalities.
    Step-by-step instructions for registrants on how to use well known hosting services like Blogger, Windows Live, and Google Apps were included on its homepage.
    Due to previously large use by website spammers of sub-domains from co.cc, in July 2011 Google removed over 11 million .co.cc websites from its search results. Google's JohnMu recommended that individuals who have legitimate sites (in line with Google's Webmaster Guidelines) on the .co.cc subdomain send a reconsideration request to Google to have their specific site excluded from the ban.
    The abundance of cheap .co.cc domains has also been used by those who sell fake "anti-virus" programs.[6]
    As of November 2012, the co.cc website and name servers are no longer online. There was no formal statement by the company, but they did stop accepting new registrations some time before they closed.