Has anyone figured out the portal level formula? I am thinking that a portal is considered L1,L2,L3,etc by the lowest resonator you have on it but I may be wrong. Can anyone clarify? Basically I have a portal with 1 L4, 3 L2's, and 4 L3's but it is still showing as a level 2 portal. IIRC it wasn't until I upgraded half of the resonators to L3 leaving the other half as L2 that made it a level 2 but cannot remember exactly.
- 12-11-2012, 04:23 PM #2
Re: Portal level?
Portal level is sort of an average of the resonators placed on it. There is a calculation out there that explains it better than I can of the top of my head. Calculation or not, the higher level resonators on the portal, the higher the portal level is.
Example : if you drop four level one and four level two resonators, the portal level is 1.5, not one or two.
Portal level affects the distance you are able to link to as well as damage enemy attackers take from it.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
- 12-17-2012, 01:59 PM #3Dag, yo!
- 1,977 Posts
- AOKP/Franco & PA/Franco
Re: Portal level?
Purely average. 1xL4, 3xL2 and 4xL3 = 2.75 (22/8). The portal rounds down to the nearest level. So even if a portal could be made 2.999999 it would still read as L2.
Keep in mind that higher level portals will yield higher level items. I don't know that a portal will ever drop anything more than 2 levels above its level, so you'll need a L3 portal to start seeing some L5 gear.
- By Sharpy in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 08-02-2010, 05:37 PM
- By ruhalmi in forum Android GamesReplies: 10Last Post: 07-12-2010, 05:14 PM
- By Roy Aguilera in forum Android AppsReplies: 19Last Post: 05-22-2010, 12:32 PM
- By m89maru in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 8Last Post: 03-11-2010, 01:42 PM
- By primodroid in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 20Last Post: 02-23-2010, 01:02 PM