- 71 Posts
- CM7 Nightly #125
Confused as to how portals/locations populate the map.
I just started playing and am confused on how the game world is generated. Portals appear on what is basically a Google map, correct? Why are there only a few portals currently downtown where I am? How are more portals added? Are they based on locations already present in Google maps? Or does taking a picture with your camera and submitting it via share>selecting Ingress accomplish this? If this is how new portals are added, does this mean every single portal that currently exists and will exist was/will be added in this fashion?
- 12-14-2012, 12:35 PM #2
- 2,365 Posts
Re: Confused as to how portals/locations populate the map.
- The portals Ingress started out with are significant landmarks and civil buildings like fire departments, post offices, etc. You share a geotagged photo (GPS/Location ON) to "NIS Super Ops" on your phone to submit a new portal for consideration, it supposedly takes about a month or two to publish a new portal between the approval and publishing process.
- 12-15-2012, 02:59 AM #3
- By cdolan22 in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 11-16-2010, 11:14 PM
- By tropolis in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 10Last Post: 11-15-2010, 06:45 PM
- By murali.lancer in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-25-2010, 02:07 AM
- By murali.lancer in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 10Last Post: 02-23-2010, 08:47 PM
- By jbg21 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 19Last Post: 01-11-2010, 09:50 PM