Anyone else notice that their portal recommendations got approved? I submitted two about two weeks ago, and yesterday the portals showed up. I didn't receive a notice of any kind, so I thought I would put this out there for anyone else who recently submitted a portal request. Check your maps for new portals, and claim them!
    12-19-2012 10:02 AM
    So.. I haven't gotten an invite yet... but understand that I can snap some pics of potential portals and upload them even before I'm "in."

When they're asking for a name for the portal, are they wanting a full factual name of the place/thing or something made up for the game?

...and must it be taken on the Android device, or can it be taken with a DSLR, edited to look better, then sent to the phone and uploaded?

Thanks.
    12-23-2012 05:30 PM
    So.. I haven't gotten an invite yet... but understand that I can snap some pics of potential portals and upload them even before I'm "in."

When they're asking for a name for the portal, are they wanting a full factual name of the place/thing or something made up for the game?

...and must it be taken on the Android device, or can it be taken with a DSLR, edited to look better, then sent to the phone and uploaded?

Thanks.
    They are looking for a descriptive name for the portal, and you need to take it with something that can geotag the picture.

Don't worry about pretty, the picture will only ever show as a thumbnail anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    12-23-2012 07:09 PM
    I've submitted three. And two of them have been approved and is now live.
    12-31-2012 09:42 AM
    Is this the only way to make your own portals?

Also does the intel map show portals not yet hacked by anyone?
    01-04-2013 01:35 PM
    Is this the only way to make your own portals?

Also does the intel map show portals not yet hacked by anyone?
    Yes.

And I don't think the Intel map shows not yet hacked portals.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    01-05-2013 01:18 PM
    Sure it does, you just have to be zoomed in enough to see them. Took a 100km drive out to Canmore this morning and claimed the two that I saw, filled them up, shields, links. Good to go. Easy points for $15 gas.
    01-05-2013 01:25 PM