[NEXUS 4] Portal Submission issue

Freak.A.Droid

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue trying to submit a photo for a portal submission using a Nexus 4?

I take a picture and set it to upload and it always tells me that it has no Geo location data - Clearly it does.

My Nexus 4 is un-altered from stock rom so there can't be an issue with the phone.

James Sullivan1

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Have issue on sony experia P, I got error when it was not gps tagged. When it was I can see the nia to share I then add a tag info and then it asks what device to share bye and I dont have an email or info where to send the photo.

Annoying as it takes weeks to be added and no one, no portals for a few hundred miles. Cant even play, 100% xm and nothing to do.

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
I had that same issue initially with my N4. All geo settings seemed to be active, but it was still giving me that warning. I ended up turning the location settings off, back on again, and then rebooting. Also had to retake any photos that were previously taken before submitting.

All is well now. Some of my submission have been approved and are active portals.

squirrelproductions

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I took a walk around the neighborhood yesterday, and I tried to submit about 11 pictures for portal consideration. But I got the "no geo-loc" error on about 2-of-11 pictures. I had not changed settings throughout my walk yesterday, though, so it's an intermittent issue. I just retook the picture whenever I got the error msg and resubmitted.