How many people are playing Ingress in your area?

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I live in Calgary, a city of about one million, and I'm guessing there are only about 30 players here.... both sides combined. So what's it like where you are?

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Suggest checking up on Google+ and also on your COMM link to your faction. That seems to be where/how people get organized. I met 5 opposing players on my first day, as I was attacking their portals, lol. I haven't met up with players on my side yet, but from the action I've seen on my PC at home, I'm sure it won't be long. They seem to be very active here.

starleaf1

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Nobody on the COMM in regional radius for months. And an Ingress community site/page for my area is nowhere to be found.
I guess the struggles here would be a one man show for a while.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Well if you're the first person in your area playing, then I guess it would be up to you to start that community, and make sure it's Private as you don't want opposing spies in your group. :) In the meantime, I'm sure you have captured most of your portals, you might want to consider submitting new portals if/when you start running out of things to capture. They take a few weeks to be accepted by the way, we've had some recent additions, and that's about how long they took here.

synrix

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Medan, Indonesia, a city of 2 million, I have yet to see any portals that I submitted in about 3 weeks, no one on regional COMM too.. I feel alon.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Good number in San Diego.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

mamaboo

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I am in Central new jersey. i know they are here because everything is green that i have found in a
Two mile radius (i am the resistance!). I get comm from just about everywhere around the world, mostly nyc (30miles northeast). i only just got my invite a few days ago, i made my request just around christmas time. Will be making a list of places to photograph and submit. I have some items already, just doing a bit of 'search and learn' today! this game pairs nicely with my galaxy note! anyone around from new jersey?

dasDestruktion

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Washington DC is full of Ingress players (and some very very strong, high-leveled players). Makes sense though given the demographics of the game. It makes things fun here but a bit more difficult for those just starting out I suppose. Distribution between the Smurfs and Toads is pretty even and there have been some amazing coordinated operations on both sides lately. There was even a Maryland, Virginia, and DC meet-up/cease fire at a conveniently located bar just a few days ago. DC is serious about its Ingress! :p

Xray Mike

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Just started playing in Scotland. Not many portals near me and having trouble submitting (see other thread). Need more Enlightened here though.