1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Realtime Map

I've been tethering my TouchPad for the Intel map, up until now.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default Re: Realtime Map

I agree with some of the comments on the app - not comfortable entering in my Gmail password... Anyone else think this is an issue?

Sent from my Sammy GS3

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Quince View Post
    I agree with some of the comments on the app - not comfortable entering in my Gmail password... Anyone else think this is an issue?

Sent from my Sammy GS3
    I do. I may be paranoid, but I'm not giving out my Google password to a developer. Even with two-factor authentication.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X
    Thanked by:

As far as I see it, the link is not valid anymore. I can't even find any other ingress map anywhere on playstore.

As for tethering the Touchpad @sledge: how/what did you exactly do? I have a Touchpad as well, how can you make portals visible there and in what app?

TIA for any answers.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    6,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

I'm using Team Venum Wicked Sensations ROM, and there's a mobile hotspot in the toggle switches. Flip on the hotspot, and go to on my (stock) browser. Then I just type my city in the top-right search box and zoom in a bit. It can be a little hard to navigate around, but it works enough for me to get an idea of where to go. I usually check that same map on my PC before I head out....and usually have a good idea where I'll be starting before I head out the door. There still isn't that many portals here, maybe 40-50 total, which for a city this size (second largest in landmass in North America), isn't that many. Most of them are in the downtown core as well, I know where most of them are without even looking at a map. Portals that have the most amount of links connected to them, are generally my first choices for targets, as they provide the most amount of AP once destroyed. Also any portals that are overlapping other portals are equally eligible. If I can shoot one XMP blaster and be hitting two different portals at the same time......that's bonus.

I really can't wait for some of my portals to show up...I submitted over 100 after my first week of playing (in closer areas to my location). "Racing" around the downtown core isn't exactly ideal for me, quite a few of them it isn't necessary to leave the vehicle to hack and I have a "course" of about 15 that I can hit before starting the loop again. This is fine for hacking when there's no traffic and parking everywhere....ie well before the sun comes up, and the birds start chirping.

That's the crappy part about waiting to get into the game.....you have no idea how many....or few....portals are in your area, until you actually get into the game. I thought there would have been a lot more portals than what's actually there. With a ~6 week submission-to-instilled turnaround process, I wish I had started submitting them sooner. Oh well another few weeks and there should be a good influx of portals all of a sudden.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Thanked by:

Ah thx.

Portals are sparse here where I live as well. But I might submit a few. Might be fun.

ahm ... PS:
    I tried going to the ingress site on my touchpad, but there is no search field, where I can enter my city... I think I misunderstood something.
    Last edited by Buddy1969; 01-24-2013 at 07:56 AM.