Ingress Anecdotes: Your experiences out in the wild.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
So what's happened to you while playing?

My first day, I ran into some opposition within a couple of hours. We had a little chat for about 10 minutes and went on our separate ways.

I woke up early this morning, had a quick scan across the Ingress Intel Map, and found a brand new portal appeared on Mount Royal College University campus, so I went to claim it. It wasn't in a location that I could drive to, so I parked on the side of the street, ran down to the portal about 100 ft, planted the resonators, and on my way back to my car, ran into Campus Security. They didn't like where I parked.....(at 8 in the morning on a Sunday...:eek: ) told me not to do it again. Yep. Sure. Ok. lol.

Dull stories, I know, maybe someone else has some better ones :D

starleaf1

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I would like to remind my fellow agents:
Do not hack-and-drive. It will end terribly sooner or later. And it did end terribly for me 2 months ago.

If you need to do some drive-by, go out with a friend. It's surprisingly quite more exciting than going solo.
I got together with my friend one day, he's not an agent, and we spent twenty hours and a full tank of gas finding portals and photographing potential spots. It was awesome.

Last edited:

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Just started my car last night to pick my gf up from work, flipped on my PC while it was warming up and checked the Intel map. One of our stronger members, had taken out several portals and was offering them up for grabs for anyone that needed some AP. I live about 10 minutes from where he was, so I headed down there. When I left my home, one portal was wiped out, when I arrived there were 7. Met up with the guy, gave him a warm up as he was on foot, and it was -20C with the windchill. Filled up 4 portals, created a couple of links, and I had to take off on my original plans of taxi driver. He's been playing since day 1 so he dropped a bunch of items for me. Good little boost, got almost 10,000 points. Lots of farming for the taking today :D

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
So last night, I had to drop my brother in law and his vehicle off at home. Girlfriend drove my car and I showed her what it is I do before work every morning. I had located a portal with 8 links and 5 Control Fields, and a 50/50 split level 4 & 5 resonators. I needed ammo, so we did a couple of my usual laps in the downtown core, hacking as she drove. Once I had determined I had enough XMP blasters, I went in for the kill. Theffirst wave, I only took out 3 resonators before I ran out of XP, I ran to the car, and told her to drive it like she stole it. I needed more XP to continue my assault, and surprisingly at 11:30PM, traffic was heavy. I filled up and returned to the portal and attacked again. Andother 3
resonators destroyed and I had to recharge a third time. Returning again, I.knocked the last 2 resonators out, but was too close to the center to
start planting resonators. I had a weird GPS bounce that took me too far away from the portal, and too my horror, the portal turned blue once
more. I was beat. I stuck around and eyed my adversary in the eye.... Shook my fist in the air and shouted "Next time you won't be so lucky!"

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
4:30AM I wake up, hit the remote starter on my car and start bundling up. Phone, tablet, BT headset, spare battery boost pack, coffee, gloves, parka, boots....it's -24C, 5AM and I'm out the door. Our city is putting up a fierce fight, the Enlightenment is struggling to keep what portals we have, impossible to link anything as the Resistance has spun a huge web over the inner city. 3.5 hours later, 11 portals taken, uncountable links and fields set up, 95K AP..fingers damn near frozen off....I've headed for home, helped my team out enormously, and infuriated the Resistance. Happy camper right now :D

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
A bit of a slow day at work yesterday, and I'm surfing on my tablet, checking the Intel map, and the chatter starts going crazy. At least 20 new portals had shown up.....increasing our ~40 portals to about 60-70. The local game is going wild, and I'm having a hard time believing nobody is at work like myself. By the time work finished for me, most of the portals were already captured....being that most of them were downtown, I knew well enough to not even bother heading down there. Traffic is pretty major at that time of day, so I start scouring the map. I find three in a nearby town 25km away, and I'm high-tailing it there. The Enlightenment is taking a beating where I am, Level 6 is oh so close. I took all three portals, and on my way home stopped at level 3 portal to cap that one.

Destroying 7/8 rezzies, I call for backup.....anyone....any level, as I ran out of useable XMP blasters. Two lower level agents meets up with me, and hand me some weapons. One shot, the portal is neutralized. I let them fill it up, starting with level 1 rezzies, then the second one upgraded the portal with level 2s, I then upgrade it to level 5, and rush home to see what damage my new doberman has done to the house......Lucky for me....no damage.

Tuesday night is truce night between the two factions, at least as far as the higher level members are concerned.....lower levels free to do what they want. We're all meeting up at a local pub for some wings and beers. Should be fun. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze