1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default So You're Waiting For An Invite....Time to Get Off Your **** And Get To Work!

This has been said before, and I'll say it again. Visit this site and understand what is considered acceptable for portal submissions, now get out there and start submitting portals! It literally takes 4-6 weeks from the time you submit a candidate portal, to the time it appears on the map. It took me about five weeks from the time I requested an invite from to the time I got my email with my passcode. You will find the game is more fun, if there's more to do.
    I've included a picture of the densest area of portals in Calgary, and one of Oakland California at the same zoom level. The reason I picked Oakland, they have the first level 8 portal in the world. A level 8 portal requires 8 different level 8 members placing ONE level 8 resonator on it. That's the way it works.

I talked to a member from Edmonton who submitted about 160 pictures when he first applied, of those about 40 made it into the game so far. Keep that in mind while shooting, as well as the proper criteria for what they consider suitable portals so you're not wasting your time.

I will admit I am guilty of not submitting any portals before I started the game, and looking back, I wish I would have gotten out there. Just passing on some tips.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So You're Waiting For An Invite....Time to Get Off Your Butt And Get To Work!-selection_002.png   So You're Waiting For An Invite....Time to Get Off Your Butt And Get To Work!-selection_003.jpg  
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ę about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Thanked by:

Default Re: So You're Waiting For An Invite....Time to Get Off Your **** And Get To Work!

Thank you for your advice I have done what you recommended and now I need someone to give me an invite code so I can get started. #ingressinvite

Default Re: So You're Waiting For An Invite....Time to Get Off Your **** And Get To Work!

How do we know if a site is a portal already?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

The portal will be grey on the intel map and your in game map

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

You don't know if it's been submitted and not yet approved. Just start taking pictures.....it doesn't matter if they get duplicated. Maybe the more submissions a certain location gets, the better odds of it becoming a portal?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ę about anything. I may however, give a nickel