Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it worth it in my town? Power grinder on the other side.....

I live Dtown Fort Lauderdale, started playing 2 days ago (Enlightened) and all the portals are owned by this one player (Resistance). I swear this kid doesnt sleep! Everytime i check the intel map hes grinding the hell out of all Fort Lauderdale non stop, it doesnt matter if its 10am when im at work or at 11 pm at home, hes grinding non stop. The portals around here are already to lvl 4, 5 and 6 so how am i suppose to compete with that? when i have a job, go to the gym, grocery shopping, social life etc etc. I mean i can only play a couple of hours every other day if that. So whats the point if this kid is going to keep grinding non stop? i will never be able to aquire any portals. Any suggestions on what i should do? I really like the game but i just feel like it would be a waste of my time since it seems like im gettin nowhere.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,781 Global Posts

Default Re: Is it worth it in my town? Power grinder on the other side.....

Suggest portals closer to you.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    6,907 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

You need to get in touch with some players on your team, and ask for help in levelling. Nothing is impossible with a little teamwork, and it's not going to get any easier without new portals being submitted. It's been done quite a few times here, some of the higher guys will go out with a lower guy, and smash portals into next to nothing, let the lower guy cap the portal, and refill it. You can gain levels quickly that way.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    starleaf1 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have been talking on secure chat trying to find some people, but its pretty dead in my area but hopefully i will meet some people soon.

when do we get to choose which side we're on. I just playing and the screen hasn't asked me yet
    Have you heard about the GN2, yea it's awesome! (^_^)

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bolaz View Post
    I have been talking on secure chat trying to find some people, but its pretty dead in my area but hopefully i will meet some people soon.
    We have a similar problem here. Reach out on comm to him and suggest that the game will get boring fast without competition. Ask him if he would leave a few portals near you alone so you can farm for resources.

If it's one kid he's eventually going to have trouble recharging and maintaining everything.

I've also submitted a field report to Niantic asking that scanners be upgraded to produce more materials, and especially xmp, from hostile portals. This would go a long way toward countering the game's first-move-advantage flaw.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X 2013 -> Moto X 2014
    Tablet: Nexus 7 2012