How to link captured portals

Ingress linking portals - YouTube

To follow my future ingress gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=orcbandit

Thanks.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
These are pretty rudimentary "how-to" videos. There isn't a whole lot of emphasis put on strategy, when it comes to placement of resonators, and attacking resonators. I don't have time at the moment, but I'll come back to this thread and offer some more insight as to what I'm talking about. You don't simply place a resonator blindly....you should be UPGRADING the portal, and selecting which resonator you want to place.

Mert Elser

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You are right sledge007 but this videos made for low level beginners. Some players have no idea about hacking or deploying resonators. We are looking forward for your detailed videos.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
How did you make the videos? What app did you use? I will try and get a few together his weekend. I didn't mean to steal your thunder, but the tutorial in the game is essentially the same thing. I wish I had a more advanced tutorial when I started.... I wasted a lot of resources up until about Level 4.... (as far as attacking and how to attack in the most effective way)

I have the day off tomorrow, and a pile of weapons to burn up. I tried ScreenCast....30fps, 20fps, High resolution and the screen flickers and doesn't record very well at all, both with mic on and off. Going to check and see if I can't find a solution for this, I have a feeling I'm going to cause some trouble tonight :D

I figured it out, just bought the app, will record some demos with sound/commentary either tonight or tomorrow. See the ScreenCast thread if you want to know what I had to do. ( basically failure to follow ALL of the instructions...guilty as charged :) )

Last edited:

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Almost bought that one, and found the same issue with the demo. Screencast was $3 cheaper, and able to record both the game audio as well as using the mic for commentary over the top. I actually made one up last night. I ended up getting a phone call in the middle of what I was doing, and it threw me off, and I added a couple of expletives......lol. So call that a training.....training video for me. I'll give it another go today.

Had a mishap today, and filed for phone insurance. I probably won't get my (new) phone until Monday or Tuesday, and of course lost the videos I made earlier today. So it is coming......just not as soon as I would have liked.

Got my new phone, had a four hour outing with our top four. Battery's dead, will have to root in the morning, then I can try this again.

Last edited:

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got home after 12 hours on the road, and unfortunately...things didn't go as planned. I did however get to make a video, and am uploading to Lord Google, when I get a link it will be posted here. As for the unfortunate circumstances....will post in my Anecdotes thread....it's a bit of a long one, I just want to sit on the couch, so maybe I'll write it up tomorrow. I can post a quick pic of what we did today....maybe you can spot the "problem. :D (The sides of the triangle are 173 km by 173 km by 188 km....longest side is the East/West side.

Attachments

• Selection_014.png
    Selection_014.png
    380.1 KB · Views: 2

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Videos came out good for sound, and garbled electronic mess for video, unfortunately. Just got a replacement phone, and obviously didn't have some settings done properly. Don't mean to leave you hanging...will come up with something one of these days.......and we remade that field today fyi....and it worked :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty