Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

Default Unclaimed Portals / Creating Portals

Okay so I have a two part question. Just started playing a week ago.

Question 1:
    Is there an easier way to find unclaimed portals other than zooming in on the intel map and taking a shot in the dark?

Question 2:
    When you send in a Portal Suggestion, and if it's approved after the 4-6 weeks.
    Is it automatically yours? Is it unclaimed and can anyone grab if it if you don't get there first? Do you get an email stating it's been approved and is on the map?

Thanks in advance guys, I searched for the above and didn't see another thread, I apologize if there is.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Re: Unclaimed Portals / Creating Portals

No, the Intel map is the only way....unless you want to try and find them with your phone. Portals are not automaticlly yours, anyone can grab them and you receive zero notification when they go online. You will have to watch it for them yourself.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Thanked by:
    mhinc 
    Ry likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    No, the Intel map is the only way....unless you want to try and find them with your phone. Portals are not automaticlly yours, anyone can grab them and you receive zero notification when they go online. You will have to watch it for them yourself.
    Thanks very much for the info! Much appreciated! I will keep my eyes peeled for the 30+ I submitted.
    I really wish that you didn't have to zoom in so much on the Intel map to see the unclaimed portals! There has got to be a LITTLE give on that! Hopefully in a future update!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

I'm currently at about week 3 since I went on a blitz and submitted about 100 ...over the course of a couple days. I hope they don't change the zoom level personally. I'd rather it not be that easy, especially if I'm stuck at work when they all get released,like last Friday afternoon.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

I could use a bit of help. I've just got my first Android device (a Nexus 7) and just installed Ingress a few days ago, so I'm new to both. There are no portals near me so I'd like to submit some but taking photos with a Nexus 7 is a pain unless you want my ugly face submitted as a portal! What I've tried is the following...

Turned on geotagging of photos on my iPhone and took photos of some possible new portals.
    Uploaded them to Dropbox.
    Opened Dropbox on the Nexus 7, opened the photo and exported it to NIA Super Ops.
    The photo downloads then a message pops up to say that unfortunately Ingress has stopped.

I assume this means that it couldn't cope with what I tried to do. Is there a way I can get this to work without having to try to take photos with a camera facing the wrong way?

Global Posts
    6,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

I stand corrected, things must have changed as some of the older players had not received notifications up until recently. I just had two portals approved today, the first of many. The email looks like this:

10:29 AM (6 hours ago)

to me
    Success! Your Portal submission has been accepted and will be available for gameplay in the near future. Should you have additional questions, please visit our Help Center.

- NianticOps

The world around you is not what it seems.

I think it was a day over 3 weeks, since I took the picture, so their timing seems about right as well. Will keep you posted on how long after confirmation email to when it actually becomes a portal.
    Sorry Xray, you might want to practice in front of a mirror with your N7....not sure why that wouldn't work for you, You could always crop the picture so your face isn't in it.

Also here is a reject email:

5:36 PM (23 hours ago)

to me

Thank you for your Portal submission; unfortunately, it does not meet the criteria required for approval. Please refer to the New Portal Submission article on our Help Center for further information.
    - NianticOps

The world around you is not what it seems.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I stand corrected, things must have changed as some of the older players had not received notifications up until recently. I just had two portals approved today, the first of many. The email looks like this:

I think it was a day over 3 weeks, since I took the picture, so their timing seems about right as well. Will keep you posted on how long after confirmation email to when it actually becomes a portal.
    Sorry Xray, you might want to practice in front of a mirror with your N7....not sure why that wouldn't work for you, You could always crop the picture so your face isn't in it.

Also here is a reject email:
    Hmm. Looks like I need to make more submissions.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

There should be all kinds of unclaimed portals for you guys now! A whole slew of new portals were added recently as well as a portal at all ZipCar locations!
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

All Jamba Juice locations too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Thanks sledge. No idea why it doesn't work but I've now discovered that exporting from Dropbox to the gallery folder then sharing from there works a treat. Now I just need to wait to see if the submissions are approved.