Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Default 1.20 Update is out!

Just letting you all know 1.20 update is out.

Not sure what bugs they fixed, but I think one of them is the compass, dynamic works now, w00t! And they added the ability to toggle on/off email notifications.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: 1.20 Update is out!

Quote Originally Posted by vNaK View Post
    Just letting you all know 1.20 update is out.

Not sure what bugs they fixed, but I think one of them is the compass, dynamic works now, w00t! And they added the ability to toggle on/off email notifications.
    Dynamic compass worked for me in 1.18.00, for about ten minutes. We shall see. Amazing that the compass works fine in every other app.

I'm hoping the GPS lock issues will be solved while keeping the fixes for data loss.

Still, each version has been overall an improvement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X

Dynamic works if you like going backwards and until you touch the screen to re-size it...
    The change log says that 1.20.0 has rendering improvements and user setting to enable/disable email notifications.

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Members of our local Ingress group are complaining about issues/bugs in the 1.20.0 update. Anyone noticing anything? In 1.18.0 I would encounter force-crashes if cellular reception suddenly dropped out. After the 1.20.0 update, however, this seems to have been resolved for me at least. The fuzzy TV effect and/or the red "no connection" error pops up properly without a crash. 1.20.0 has been great from my end at least.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

I'm getting a lot of inaccurate location fix on me. I was trying to use T-mobile's network and it showed me way off of where I was. But once I was back on my hotspot it pinpointed me to the correct location. Sometimes it still show I'm on the freeway when i am most certainly note. Wasn't like this in 1.18.1. Maybe it's a GPS related issue on my N4, but it seemed fine pre-patch.

GPS lock has been my main issue as well.. One thing I really want to see is them opening up new portals.. For people like me in smaller towns we got a total of maybe 7-8 portals? Thankfully I work in a larger town with 60 within a mile radius of my office only bad thing is it's all blue and the greenies have given up.

ROM
    Stock

GPS lock failures are intermittent on my thunderbolt, and that's a new bug, but the lack of crashes and recovery from data drops is worth the occasional GPS glitch.

Works GREAT on my nexus 7, and I can tether it to my thunderbolt over Bluetooth, so it's all good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Phones: BB 8820 -> BB 8310 -> HTC Thunderbolt -> LG Optimus G Pro -> Moto X

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Updated last night to 1.21.3. Went out this morning on my Sprint Galaxy Nexus on JB4.2.1 and still having the same issues of it working the first few minutes but then afterwards it either wont collect XM or show the map, OR when remote charging it says that it charged the resonators but doesnt show the animation and then really doesnt charge anything. I have to basically wait 5 minutes, reboot the phone, then I can play 100% for the next few minutes.

Anyone know why? I haven't seen any settings to change that might affect this, so I am assuming it is just the game itself as it is still in beta.

One thing I noticed since last update is, that when I hack portals, sometimes there are strange items falling out, like pics from comicon or soundfiles about a dog missing or so ... very strange.