Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dasDestruktion
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 alpha 1

Default Playing alone sucks

There has to be a way to empower those of us that do not have the capability to hook up with others. I believe for the game to be successful once released, there has to be a better way to involve those that choose to play alone. I work full time, and hack portals on my lunch break and now, 5 days later, I will probably get to lvl 2 tomorrow but what can I do against large fields of L6 and L7 resonated portals. It is hard to get enthused about continued play with not much else to do...
    Last edited by Devtodi; 01-30-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't after you.

Default Re: Playing alone sucks

i feel ya

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Ingress is certainly more fun when playing together with others, but there is also fun to be had as a lone ranger. I think its fun to drive into an area with portals everywhere and hack away like mad to store up a ton of items for later use. Keep stocking up and knocking out low-level portals until you get some invite codes to share with your mates or others in your area start playing! Is there an Ingress Community on Google+ for your area? Where are you located? It seems most local meetups and raids go on after dark anyways which would fit into your work schedule at least.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 alpha 1

I am in Northern CA, north of San Francisco and am seemingly the sole representative of my faction in my town. I had taken a portal for my team but while I am struggling to build up to L2, it just got taken over by someone who installed L6 and L7 resonators. What's the fun of that, it will be months before I can take it back and it will be part of a huge field by then.

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Devtodi View Post
    I am in Northern CA, north of San Francisco and am seemingly the sole representative of my faction in my town. I had taken a portal for my team but while I am struggling to build up to L2, it just got taken over by someone who installed L6 and L7 resonators. What's the fun of that, it will be months before I can take it back and it will be part of a huge field by then.
    I found G+ Groups for Northern California Ingress players:

1] Enlightened []
    2] Resistance []

Maybe you could find some people who are willing to take a trip into your specific location and assist a bit. They can help you level up more quickly as well. Players are out there but it can be hard to get in touch with them and meetup. Keep at it!

sledge007 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,875 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Also try checking around on your The level of zoom has a direct impact on what you see for chatter, so if you zoom farther out, you can try and triangulate where people are active. On your phone you can change your COMMS to REGIONAL and might be able to get in touch with some of your faction members that way as well. In the meantime....keep farming and build your inventory. Try and look for portals that are one or two levels above you, and go for those. Even if you can't take out a portal completely, taking out resonators adds to your AP.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 alpha 1

Thanks Sledge, good suggestions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums