What's the biggest field made in Ingress to date?

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
This took 5 days in total. I drove from Calgary on Friday night, on a keys-finding mission, down to Fort Macleod. Captured the three portals in Fort Macleod and managed to get a key each. Captured the two in Claresholm, and got 2 keys for one portal. Reinforced the one portal in Nanton, and got no keys.

Sunday three carloads left Calgary, one bound for Drumheller, one bound for Canmore. Captured the one in Canmore (no keys), and headed towards Drumheller. (Drumheller vehicle headed towards Canmore, having only obtained one Drumheller key). (Third vehicle went south to find more keys for the already captured portals and they returned with 5 or 6) I made the link to Claresholm first, then the two links from Canmore were made to Claresholm and then Drumheller. The links were all visible on the map, unfortunately due to a game error or glitch....we reported it to Google immediately and still don't have an answer to what happenened.....the field did not materialize. An hour after returning from Drumheller, an Edmonton player captured the Drumheller portal.

Today, slow week at work, I had the day off. I picked up the extra keys, and another level 7 player who also had the day off. We left for Drumheller, which is about 1.5 hours away, captured the portal, and made the two links to Canmore and back down to Claresholm, as well as a couple of other links....Fort Macleod is the field beside the main field.

We are getting our butts kicked by the Resistance, it seems a lot of them work downtown, and are always on top of recaptures. So this was our option to try and retake the city. Completely shut the links down, and hopefully regain some momentum.

Link lengths are 188km (Canmore to Drumheller) and the other two are 173.2km and 173.7km. By my calculations....correct me if I'm wrong....13,652 square kilometers. It was worth 188K Mind Control units.....the field beside it (Drumheller-Claresholm-Fort Macleod) was worth 4K MUs.

Anyways....I'd be surprised if it lasted more than 24 hours....I'm actually surprised it's still up now. Quite the tenacious bunch of players out here.

The Resistance got it's first level 8 player last night....so we have our hands full :) Enjoy.

Attachments

• Selection_015.png
    Selection_015.png
    561.4 KB · Views: 18

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh well... It was good while it lasted. Taken down in Canmore and Claresholm at about 10:30. I was sitting in the bar watching the Flames kick the Stars all the way back to Dallas, drinking beer and eating frogs legs :D

bevcraw

Net Mod Emeritus
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Your smaller field is about the size of the largest field I've been able to create so far. Too many blue links and fields in the way. We haven't had much in the way of team events since I joined Enlightened in Memphis.