Update 1.21.3

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
How are you liking the new update? i am not seeing any improvement at all. In fact, I believe the gps tracking to be slower than on 1.20. the app seems to crash more often as well. It has locked up so that I need to reboot my phone. Haven't had to pull the battery yet. Anyone else want to comment?

Last edited:

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
How are you liking the new update? i am not seeing any improvement at all. In fact, I believe the gps tracking to be slower than on 1.20. the app seems to crash more often as well. It has locked up so that I need to reboot my phone. Haven't had to pull the battery yet. Anyone else want to comment?

Really? No one? I am so surprised as I have a GS3 rooted on stock and the game is definitely not as smooth. I can' believe that I am the only one.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The GPS is most certainly wonky. I don't know about "slower", but it drifts around a lot more, seems to keep moving for a bit after I stop, etc. I know of at least one other person with an S3 who appears to have more complaints than I did about this update, though. I'm rocking the oh-so-powerful HTC Thunderbolt! Feel the fury, baby!

There have been a few improvements. Selecting a key while making a link is nowhere near as horrible an experience as it once was. The portal submission tool is very nice. Overall the app feels less laggy, as has been true with most of the updates.

If I leave the app and go back, I'll occasionally get a lockup followed by a "stopped responding" force close. But that's been pretty much true all along.

Did you try a "clear app data" from application management? I find that I need to do that at least every couple of weeks or the app gets a whole lot less stable. The occasional degunkification seems to help a lot.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
great suggestion - I cleared the data and let it reboot and now it's sweet again. Thanks.

Glad it worked. It's probably a good idea to clear app data every week or so, and most certainly after each app upgrade - preferably when you're in Wifi range so it can re-cache everything quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34